Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how can i get vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can i get vtec

i have a F22a4 i was wondering if i could get like a vtec head?
    sorry had another engine on mind when i was typing
    Last edited by keanucb7; 02-13-2010, 02:26 AM.

Originally posted by keanucb7 View Post
    i have a h22a4 i was wondering if i could get like a vtec head?
    Seriously? Or are you trying to introduce yourself with a joke?

h22a4:

Comment

I am willing to bet, that he has the JDM H22A4 without VTEC. Mad tyte JDM y0!

JK JK

Nah, for real man. The H22A is a DOHC VTEC engine, so if you reallydo have an H22A, then you already have VTEC. Post a picture of your engine bay and maybe we can help you out a little.
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

maybe he meant f22a4...?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
          maybe he meant f22a4...?
          Quite possible...

You see models at every car show.
          But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

could it be your vtec isn't wired up right and not engaging , or wrong ecu , is your oil full, vtec seliniod is bad?
            needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

this dude will probably never be back.

He just got a large dose of honda tech from cb7tuner.

I'm guessing if he has an h22a4 he knows its vtec. I'm also guessing that it might not be hitting vtec and he's wondering where to start on the repair. I could be wrong, but either way I doubt he'll be back.

Not whining just stating my opinion.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                this dude will probably never be back.

He just got a large dose of honda tech from cb7tuner.
                I agree, I just removed 3 pages worth of flaming.

I suspect the OP actually has an F22A4 and mistyped it, or the Vtec simply isn't working on his H22A4.

Hopefully the OP comes back to clarify this.

The next person that decides to crack a stupid joke / post whore / add nothing helpful to this thread will receive a 1 week ban.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

SORRRYY!!!! F22A4
                  mah bad

Comment

The vtec sohc/dohc head swap?

There's many ways to take it.

H22 head swap (some extra work and precautions when performing this though).
                    I did it on my old CB. Everthing lined up, save for two oil passages. There's info around in here, just search

Or, another route is the F23 vtec head swap.

A lot of folks figure out, that, in the end instead of swapping the H vtec head on, they might as well do the full H22A swap. I've heard of some issues with head gaskets when doing the DOHC on SOHC...never had a problem myself, but I also didnt have the car much longer after I did it originally

life is good.

Comment

your most common answer to getting vtec is certainly by swapping in an h22. It's a prelude motor, dohc vtec. Pulls hard, sounds amazing, still fuel efficient. Serarch around the forum and you'll find more than enough info on what its about, what it costs, where to get them, and how easy it is to install.

Cb7tuner is actually a really great community. We play hard, and no one seriously wanted you to feel dumb. Welcome, and enjoy the community. I haven't owned a cb in years but i still hang around for the people
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

wasnt prcb7 gonna put a how to on how to put a h22 head on the f22?
                        Last edited by Law Grandeur; 02-13-2010, 02:45 AM.

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

^I believe so. I hated it. Dad and I did it, and this would've been back in I think around 2004. We had no idea what we were doing, there was almost no information on it back then, write-ups were scarce, and we had to just roll with the punches and go hit or miss.

It leaked oil, with the F22 HG. I had an issue with the H22 crank sprocket, and an issue with the power steering bracket. If I remember correctly, F23 blocks have 55mm main bearing journals, while early H22As measure only 50mm. This has proven somewhat better for the guys who want to go with teh snailz. It would be easier for fitment reasons, imho, to go with the F head swap if you want just a head swap..

Ugh, in the end OP: Full H swap or bust. That's my opinion. Too much of a PITA.

life is good.

Comment

haha thanks for all the help new to the honda scene was rollin in a 98 e39
                            then sold it and picked up a 91 accord ex-r
                            so any help would be appreciated
                            thanks again and sorry for the misunderstanding

Comment

OP If you want Vtec for economy swap in the F23.
                              If you want Vtec for power swap in the H22.

Head swaps are possible, but it increases the chances of something going wrong, and unreliabilty.
                              Your best option is to swap a complete engine.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X