Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

chipped ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chipped ecu?

ok so i have the f22b dohc and it never ran right what is a ''chipped ecu''? i would like to know especially if it helps...

Originally posted by ztaccord View Post
    ok so i have the f22b dohc and it never ran right what is a ''chipped ecu''? i would like to know especially if it helps...
    a chipped ecu is your factory computer with the factory "chip" removed and replaced with a aftermarket chip. inside the chip contains the settings for the motor to run off of. like fuel trim, ignition timing, etc. you cant change a factory chip because its locked, so what tuners do i desolder the chip and replace it with theirs to the specs of which they program.

so lets say you got a header, exhaust, intake and cam. the factory computer will only put out what its meant. so you car could go rich and cause the gas to drain quick, the richer you run, the less powerful your car is.

tuners fix this with programs. they tune (adjust settings) buy using a wideband which tells them how rich or lean the motor is running. onces tuned to the specs of the car, now your car has more power and runs better
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

thanks now idk if im supposed to ask but where can i get one for my motor? or which one?

Comment

You need to find a dyno/tuning shop in your area. Around here we have a bunch of import specialty places that will do that kind of stuff, but you will have to find a good shop local to you..

Be forewarned to have a good tune get the wallet ready..

worth it to not murder your motor though =)

DONT BUY A GENERIC EBAY "CHIPPED ECU" it will do more damage then good
        Last edited by 91kid; 02-11-2010, 06:14 PM.

Click it.... You know you wanna
        Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Fix the issue causing to not run right first.
          Most "chipped" ecus havn't been tested so they can do more damage than good in some cases.
          If you want to chip your ecu, you need to have it tuned as well.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

The PT3 or PT6 ECU that is in your car now should run the F22B fairly well. It won't be perfect, but it won't have any significant issues. If the motor isn't running right, then it's not the ECU's fault (unless your ECU is damaged).

Is your Check Engine Light (CEL) on?

Comment

yes deevergote the CEL was on. got it cleared and it still came back on. it was more of my transmission shifting wierd sometimes rather than the actual motor running weird. like until i got to about 30mph it would be boggy...if that makes since?!

Comment

and 91 kid the closest thing i got for tuning is houston ha which is a good 2hrs away:/ but ill do it if its worth it.

Comment

yes deevergote the CEL was on. got it cleared and it still came back on. it was more of my transmission shifting wierd sometimes rather than the actual motor running weird. like until i got to about 30mph it would be boggy...if that makes since?!
                  With the CEL on, your ECU is likely running your engine in "limp mode"... basically, overfueling and retarding ignition to prevent damage. That seriously cuts the power. It's designed to allow you to safely drive the car to a repair shop.

"clearing" the CEL is not what you need to worry about. The CEL is telling you that there's a problem. Read the "sticky" threads in this section. You will see how to read the error codes from the CEL. From there, you must fix all the things that the CEL is telling you are wrong.

Also, if your D4 (for 92-93) or S (90-91) is on in your gauge cluster, that's a TCU (transmission computer) error code. That could account for your strange shifting. Read that the same way you'd read the CEL code, and fix that as well.

and 91 kid the closest thing i got for tuning is houston ha which is a good 2hrs away:/ but ill do it if its worth it.
                  If your motor is near stock, you don't need to worry about tuning. If you want, find a P39 ECU, which is the correct ECU for the F22B.

Comment

Working...
                  X