Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheel fit trouble!!!! Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel fit trouble!!!! Please help!

Hey everyone!

Last night I bought some 4x114.3 wheels and was super pumped to put them on. So today when I tried to put them on, the don't fit. The ALMOST fit, but it's just not working. I'm trying to think of everything that might be wrong.

Would it maybe be that it's cold outside and the cold makes the wheel smaller?

Please help! Anything would be appreciated

What are they? If they are in fact 4x114.3 you might want to check the hub and the opening for the hub on the wheel. Some people hit the end of the axle (where the nut goes) to break it loose from the wheel hub, causing the metal to develop a lip (or a flange). This in turn can cause burring and damage to the inside of the wheel itself, which may make it harder to fit over the hub.

Just an FYI - there are a lot of wheels out there that have 4 x 108 (Ford and Saab I think use this pattern).

Comment

It's true that temperatures slightly vary the size of components but it shouldn't vary it to the point of a wheel not fitting. If the size difference is more than a few millimeters then odds are the bolt pattern is 4x100 rather than 4x114.3. Not a whole hell of a lot you can do about it. Pics would help a bit.

Comment

The wheel will not change size with the temperature. If they don't fit... then you got the wrong size. Contact whoever you bought them from and verify the size.

Checking the hub opening makes sense too. Most aftermarket wheels are larger there, which means you need a hub-centric ring to make it fit properly (and safely). I've never heard of wheels being too small in that area, but I suppose anything is possible.

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I am getting it figured out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrooks View Post
            Thanks for all the help! I am getting it figured out right now.
            any markings on the back the says the weight or bolt design, product # of some sort? do you know the brand and style? did you buy them off a person or from a site?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Working...
            X