Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help on h22 swap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on h22 swap!!

i have a 4 door 93 accord and i have over $1200 and want to get a H swap. which h22 do i buy? obd1? and can i use stock tranny? and if i get a tranny swap which tranny do i buy? my f22 is a non vtec so do i buy a vtec computer and wires? do i have to change my suspension for the h22? what all do i need in order to successfully put my h22 in? if u want to look at my car. i have it posted in the images thread. all help will be much appreciated!!!

read this: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126672

then ask some questions
    My Honda

Comment

OBD1
      Stock tranny works, H22 tranny is better
      OBD1 P13 ECU (the H22 ECU)
      Use your stock wiring, add 4 wires

Follow the link above, and read other threads in the Swaps forum. This is covered in detail numerous times on this site.

Comment

thanks man i appreciate it

Comment

its going to take alot more than 1200 to complete the swap

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

It'll take $1200 for a good engine from a reliable importer (you can get them for less, but the cheaper you go, the higher the risk is.)

And yes... you'll need fluids, tools, and wire at the very least... Preferably, you should replace the spark plugs, cap, rotor, plug wires, timing belt, water pump, rear main seal... be prepared to replace any other seals and gaskets that may be worn (it's an old engine... rubber parts exposed to petroleum for 16 years will wear...) and even the clutch, so you don't have to do it again anytime soon.

In addition to that, you might want to replace your mounts, axles, coolant hoses, various sensors...

$1200 will get the engine in your hands. To do it right, plan on spending $3000 at least. If you halfass it, it'll be more of a hassle and expense when something does give out (for example... a snapped timing belt or failed water pump can destroy your motor)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              It'll take $1200 for a good engine from a reliable importer (you can get them for less, but the cheaper you go, the higher the risk is.)

And yes... you'll need fluids, tools, and wire at the very least... Preferably, you should replace the spark plugs, cap, rotor, plug wires, timing belt, water pump, rear main seal... be prepared to replace any other seals and gaskets that may be worn (it's an old engine... rubber parts exposed to petroleum for 16 years will wear...) and even the clutch, so you don't have to do it again anytime soon.

In addition to that, you might want to replace your mounts, axles, coolant hoses, various sensors...

$1200 will get the engine in your hands. To do it right, plan on spending $3000 at least. If you halfass it, it'll be more of a hassle and expense when something does give out (for example... a snapped timing belt or failed water pump can destroy your motor)
              im near 4k as we speak, and it isnt even running yet.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

yea it dose take money but its all in how you do it and what you want done to it. i have like 4.500 in my swap and i dont even have the motor in yet. thats just the things that i go to put on the motor and car. but when its finally finished it will be worth every penny

life is as good as you make it. So forget what people say and do what makes you happy

Comment

I paid nearly $5000 just to get my H22 in back in 2003. I had a shop do it, because everyone told me it was too hard to do myself (no cb7tuner back then!)... and the shop idiots overcharged me. They did NOTHING, other than do a halfass job of getting it in and running. I'm still fixing thier shitty work.

When doing a major modification to your car, ALWAYS estimate the bare minimum that it will cost to do the job... then double it... and that's a rough idea of what it'll take to do it right!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I paid nearly $5000 just to get my H22 in back in 2003. I had a shop do it, because everyone told me it was too hard to do myself (no cb7tuner back then!)... and the shop idiots overcharged me. They did NOTHING, other than do a halfass job of getting it in and running. I'm still fixing thier shitty work.

When doing a major modification to your car, ALWAYS estimate the bare minimum that it will cost to do the job... then double it... and that's a rough idea of what it'll take to do it right!
                    well i have a shop that 1 of my buddies run and ill get the swap and the labor for free. i just want to know what i have to get to have the car running and not breaking down on me

Comment

Then read the thread linked above... and follow the things I suggested.

Comment

Working...
                      X