Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wilwood big brake question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wilwood big brake question?

i have a friend selling a his wilwood forged dynolite big brake kit. thay came of a 1992 honda civic. my question is can this me made to work on are cars? also will be doing a 5lug swap. i have bb6 front knuckles.

As far as I know... no. If they were made for a Civic, then they won't fit.

Comment

even if i just use the calipers only.

Comment

different mounting bolts.

Comment

ok got it. thanks guys.

Comment

If you can get the stuff cheap, do it and sell it for a profit. Then buy a proper setup.

Comment

Correct deev, there's very few stiff stuff that is shared between Accords and Civics from any years. Now if I can point you in the right direction, but it's serious cash tho.....I hope this is within the rules deev.

Willwood Big Brake Kit

Brembo Big Brake Kit
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                Correct deev, there's very few stiff stuff that is shared between Accords and Civics from any years. Now if I can point you in the right direction, but it's serious cash tho.....I hope this is within the rules deev.

Willwood Big Brake Kit

Brembo Big Brake Kit
                Yeah, linking to ebay or legit sellers (as much as I despise AndysAutoSport...) is perfectly fine.

Comment

It should work but it depends on the model of civic that this setup is on. If its a 92-95 civic coupe ex then it should work. Only thing that wouldn't work is the rotors. If you can make a SpecR setup on a civic coupe ex by only getting 11" rotors redrilled to 100x4 for a civic and simply bolt on a set of typer calipers which are the same as a prelude vtec caliper then why wouldn't that caliper bolt up to a prelude knuckle/bracket. Just depends on which model civic your friend has. Ask the guys at fastbrakes.com to help you out, it wouldn't hurt to ask, or do a search on honda-tech.com about this specr brake setup that I am talking about. It will explain things a bit better, but these calipers should work as long as these calipers are on a 92-95 civic coupe ex. For my civic to use lude vtec calipers(same part number as a the typer calipers) on it I merly have to buy these redrilled rotors for it: http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/...h%20rotors.htm or these http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/...e%20rotors.htm. But if you don't want the hassle pick up a kit that's ment for your model car.
                  Carlos
                  My Members Ride Page

Comment

Don't think that anything made for a civic will work for accords at least not without modification. Look at TASauto.com for big brake upgrades they have several levels options that are significantly less then Those of a Wilwood or Brembo kit.

Comment

I bought a Wilwood kit for the 99-02 Civic w/Rear Disc that will fit the stock rotors on the CD chassis. So I'm sure it will fit a CB chassis. You may need to fabricate or buy an Accord mounting bracket. It's is only a piece of 5/8 plate. Easy enough to find a couple quality pieces of 5/8 drop steel and drill it out.

If you need mounting brackets hit me up! Lots of fab shops around my area that will sell it for pennies. Check out your local industrial park for fab shops, the ones around here sell or recycle all of there drop steel.
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X