Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

good way to drop $4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good way to drop $4000

ok so i am going to drop close to 4g's in to the cb7 in the next few weeks but having trouble on what all i am going to do so what you guys think?

the car has a f20b on a tuned p28 so it dont need a motor. am painting it flat black. so mostly just need advice on what to toss into the sus and internals.

thinking bout d2 or blackworks coilovers. with a camber kit and a 3pc bar set.
    also think bout doing a full head build and tossing on some itbs

and i want some lite wieght rims(no track lites yuk! ugly) thinkin bout 16in rim.

any thoughts?
    d2
    18.52%
    form/fuction
    62.96%
    blackworks
    0.00%
    ksport
    18.52%

The poll is expired.

good luck getting all that with 4 g's!

id get some func form type II c/o's tho if your talkin suspension

ITB's alone from kinsler will run ya at least 2500

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

found itb kit for h22 on ebay for 600

Comment

Originally posted by 90_f20b_cb7 View Post
        found itb kit for h22 on ebay for 600
        What's the brand?

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

OBX

so its not like it a horrible company

Comment

OBX used to be synonymous with "shitty ebay parts"... and honestly, they still are. Nothing but a cheap knockoff company. They released a half-decent LSD, and suddenly they're considered "good". Of course, they're still probably better than most knockoff companies anymore (OBX and Megan Racing)

Comment

i voted for the f&f b/c i own a set of type 1's and am planning on buying the type 2's for the coupe
              wonderful coilovers and for the price of type 1's it is hard to beat

being that you have a f20 i cannot recommend any internals b/c i have never looked into the motor being i don't have one

energy suspension bushing master kit and rear bushings
              some good wide rims with nice tires

if i had 4gs to spend it would be gone before the weekend is over.....
              probably even before tonight
              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Ksport since you have the loot now..i have them and i love them..but please dont ''paint'' your car flat black..its ugly as fuck and trendy as a motherfucker.

Comment

Don't get the ITB's. People make good power with out them all the time.
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

If you have 4 grand to drop, I wouldn't be buying any of those coilovers you listed there. Get something better.
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If I had four grand to spend, there would be a Honda Insight in my driveway tomorrow.
                      But that doesn't help you.

Coilovers are great, but do you really need them? Depending on your needs, you can get great results with GC sleeves and Koni Yellows.

Three of those four big ones can get you a damned good paint job, lowered, and riding used name brand rims. That'll go a lot farther than a [soon to be] fading and tacky-looking flat black paint job on a car with trackworthy coilovers.

If you have four grand to spend on a CB, you have a lot of power. If you're having trouble figuring out how to spend the money, then DON'T spend it.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07
                        if You Have 4 Grand To Drop, I Wouldn't Be Buying Any Of Those Coilovers You Listed There. Get Something Better.
                        x2.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                          If I had four grand to spend, there would be a BB6 Prelude in my driveway tomorrow.
                          Originally posted by chessboxer
                          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

its not that i am having trouble spending it cuz its mostly all ready planed out i was just looking for some out side input due to the fact someone may have some input that i wouldnt have thought of. once i have my taxe return in my accout it will be gone with in an hour.

for those that said none of those brands then which? and dont say tein buddy has some and the ride like shit.

and those who dont like flat black. gfys all my cars are black with a diff twist on each. i like the murderd out look way before it became trendy.

and yes i do need coilovers the car will see the track a good bit since miller motorsports park is only like 5min away from my house if that.

also been talking with my tuner and i think the idea of itb is most deff out.

and its not like the car is stock its got dropzone strut/spring combo the swap and bit of basic goodies here and there
                            Last edited by 90_f20b_cb7; 02-07-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

With 4gs:
                              Function and from type 2- $1000
                              A good as turbo- #2800
                              and a tuning $200

just my thoughts

Comment

Working...
                              X