Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil leak - strange issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leak - strange issue

I took the car back in for an oil checkup.. on my last visit the oil service guy said that the front engine seal might be leaking as he can see a 'sweat' in there. After 700 kms, when i went in again, the oil level was fine :S also note that he didnt change the oil at that time saying that i will be needing an oil change by default if i get the seal work done.

So if there is an oil leak as per him, then why isnt there any decrease in the level? could it be something else? i will be taking the car to a proper mechanic to see what it is.

In btw got the the transmission flush done with the proper fluid, car is shifting a whole lot smoother now cost an arm and a leg though. 30$ for trans maintenance service + 169 for the honda fluid.

If it's a small leak, the level won't change considerably.

Which seal is he talking about? If it's a major one, and showing signs of failing, then complete failure could result in your motor being destroyed... so catching it early is important.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      If it's a small leak, the level won't change considerably.

Which seal is he talking about? If it's a major one, and showing signs of failing, then complete failure could result in your motor being destroyed... so catching it early is important.
      he said the front engine seal.. In btw, changing a front engine seal, is that a extremely difficult job? how much should i expect to be paying for this repair?

Comment

i would say it depends on what seal exactly. my balance shaft seal walked out recently, and dumped my oil all over my driveway. lucky for me it failed in my driveway unlucky for my driveway!

Comment

seals naturally sweat over time and this is not concidered a leak. more just something to keep an eye on.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
            seals naturally sweat over time and this is not concidered a leak. more just something to keep an eye on.
            oh.. i didnt knew that. thanks for the info bro!

Comment

Originally posted by masarwar View Post
              I took the car back in for an oil checkup.. on my last visit the oil service guy said that the front engine seal might be leaking as he can see a 'sweat' in there. After 700 kms, when i went in again, the oil level was fine :S also note that he didnt change the oil at that time saying that i will be needing an oil change by default if i get the seal work done.

So if there is an oil leak as per him, then why isnt there any decrease in the level? could it be something else? i will be taking the car to a proper mechanic to see what it is.

In btw got the the transmission flush done with the proper fluid, car is shifting a whole lot smoother now cost an arm and a leg though. 30$ for trans maintenance service + 169 for the honda fluid.
              Flush is not recommended. But since it's already done , it's done. Damn , $169 + $30 for that service? Honda Dealer charge for only $75.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                Flush is not recommended. But since it's already done , it's done. Damn , $169 + $30 for that service? Honda Dealer charge for only $75.
                Its the one they do while the car is running. I think it has a different name. And honda dealership charges alot here!

Comment

Not to thread jack, but I'm having a similar issue...

Seems to be coming from under the dizzy cap area, to the left of the block.

I reached my hand down in there and got fresh oil on the TOP of my hand, as if it was leaking from the dizzy cap seal it was weird.

I'm hoping it's not a rear main seal

It's not leaking a whole lot, because the oil level hasn't gone down whatsoever since my last oil change. But I just started noticing it more and more lately, in the past month or so.

It's not dirt and oil down there, it looks more like oil sweat. Some help would greatly appreciated

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                    Seems to be coming from under the dizzy cap area, to the left of the block.

I reached my hand down in there and got fresh oil on the TOP of my hand, as if it was leaking from the dizzy cap seal it was weird.

I'm hoping it's not a rear main seal
                    Oil doesnt leak up. Meaning your rear main seal can never put oil near the distributor.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                      Oil doesnt leak up. Meaning your rear main seal can never put oil near the distributor.
                      I know this. I'm wondering if it's leaking for multiple places, sorry should have clarified.

life is good.

Comment

Maybe the dizzy o-ring? I'll have to take a look at it when it's not almost-dark out.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                        X