Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

im overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im overheating

im not sure if there has been a thread like mine but anyways i turned my car on this morning and it warmed up good when i got to work i noticed it started to overheat so i reved it and the heat needle went down i also noticed it overheated if i was at a slant toward the drivers side. any ideas?

If you're revving it, and the needle goes down a bit, it sounds like your thermostat is stuck open loop, as when accelerating or pulling coolant through it, it is obviously not closing after cycle. Try pulling it out of the housing, and replacing it. Don't forget fresh new coolant as well! some people just add to what they've lost, but might as well flush it and change it too. Not sure about being on a slant though. In general, (not necessarily pertaining to this morning) does the cooling fan kick on?

Also, search I'm sure there's plenty of existing threads on this.

life is good.

Comment

check your fan operation first.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

First I'd check to make sure your coolant is topped off, and to bleed any air bubbles out of the system. Check for fan operation. Start the car and let it warm up idling, be patient and watch the coolant gauge, the fan on the passenger side should kick on after idling for several minutes, and should kick on before the needle reaches the equivalent of halfway. If the fan doesn't come on and the needle keeps climbing, either the fan motor is busted, or the thermo fan switch has died, or you have a blown/missing fuse or other electrical problem. If the car has a/c and you press the on button, both fans should also come on also (to see if the fan motor is bad).

When was the last time you replaced your radiator cap or thermostat?
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i bought the car 2 months ago and it slowly started giving me problems i feels weird after i loose coolant. would my best bet be to change the thermostat because as is i have a weird hum coming from the timing belt area.

Comment

1. check if your fans work .
            2. make sure your good on coolant
            3. does the temp needle go down when you rev the car or when it is in motion. it could be going down because wind is being forced to the engine; cooling it down .
            4. replace your thermostat

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Have you done anything to the cooling system lately?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
              I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

if your losing coolant you could need a water pump or radiator..

the sedan
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                the wagon
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                the integra
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Originally posted by manny38special View Post
                  i bought the car 2 months ago and it slowly started giving me problems i feels weird after i loose coolant. would my best bet be to change the thermostat because as is i have a weird hum coming from the timing belt area.
                  if your getting a hum from where the timing belt is and when you hit the gas the car cools down I would assume the water pump is bad and not gonna last to much longer know with that being said it is a lot quicker and easier to check what others are saying on here but if all else fails I'm pretty sure it the water pump don't let the car overheat because then ur gonna have another proble

Comment

Originally posted by manny38special View Post
                    are you leaking any antifreeze from the back of the motor?it could be your intake manifold gasket and/or waterpump...if its ur thermostat to avoid problems like that i removed my thermostat and now antifreeze goes throughout the whole system which keeps it cooler
                    Team Accord #17 F & H series or no series....Rota Slips are the new steelies -_-

Comment

i would check fan`s...the temp gauge should not go higher than 1/2 ...and look for leaks to

Comment

so far im filling it up when im low but i have reason to believe it might the pump im also leaking oil around the lower part of the timing cover

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                          First I'd check to make sure your coolant is topped off, and to bleed any air bubbles out of the system. Check for fan operation. Start the car and let it warm up idling, be patient and watch the coolant gauge, the fan on the passenger side should kick on after idling for several minutes, and should kick on before the needle reaches the equivalent of halfway. If the fan doesn't come on and the needle keeps climbing, either the fan motor is busted, or the thermo fan switch has died, or you have a blown/missing fuse or other electrical problem. If the car has a/c and you press the on button, both fans should also come on also (to see if the fan motor is bad).

When was the last time you replaced your radiator cap or thermostat?
                          OP follow this advice. im dealing with the same thing with my 3g prrelude and service manual goes through this exact walkthrough.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

damn your leaking oil too?get some headgasket repair my friend used that when he had a leak in that area when he was toldd that his head was going sooon
                            Team Accord #17 F & H series or no series....Rota Slips are the new steelies -_-

Comment

cb7 overheat

it is the water pump and the oil could be a valve cover gasket or oil pan gasket but is definitely the water pump

Comment

Working...
                              X