Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best Cooling Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Cooling Fans?

I am looking to upgrade my Cooling and Cooling Fan System.

Pretty sure I am gunna go with the Koyo Radiator.

but is there any bigger, more realible fans that I could put in Susie? I basically want to keep her cool when its 110 degrees outside. I want Maxmium cooling.

SPAL makes fantastic fans. that coupled with a KOYO radiator and you will have no cooling problems in the AZ heat.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Thank you Sir. I will look into those. do you have these in your Cb7?

Comment

damn, good question bro, i was just about to ask that. I just ordered my Koyo R-Core, and I was wondering what aftermarket fans I can use...was thinking Mishimoto, but I dont know what size to get...any ideas?

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

yea I have a spal fan in my car. only have one since i dont have AC.
          Mishimoto is pretty good quality stuff.

try to get a fan that is as large as possible. This increases the speed of cooling and is more efficient. The smaller the fan the more it has to run to cool.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

This is what I will be using on my Koyo Civic 1/2 rad.

http://www.xenocron.com/maradyne-13-slim-fan-p-308.html

Push or Pull 1500CFM

Or

If you don't mind spending the money go for a Flex-a-lite slim fan. Go for a double 12" fan setup if you are planning on running hard in the heat.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AccordFan_18
              are you using this for both the radiator fan and the condenser fan? or....?
              I removed my A/C so no condenser fan. I will be running the single fan on the half rad. That's all that will fit. That and up here in the North East along the coast. We don't need to worry too much about A/C. My A/C is what's known as 2-n-60, 2 windows down and doing 60mph. I get all the fresh, clean, cool air I can handle.

The flex-a-light double 12" (sold as a part for a Nissan 240) would be perfect for a stock Accord with A/C. It's 13.5" x 26" x 3.75" thick. Flows 2k CFM... only down fall is that it's $340...lol price ya gotta pay to play in the sand eh!
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-27-2010, 01:02 AM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I dont really care about how much it costs, I just want it to work well and to last a long time.

Plus its better to spend money to keep the engine cool, rather than killing it and spending money later.

Comment

I had a flex-a-lite setup on my old cb7 that worked great. It was two 12 inch puller fans. All the research I did before installing fans said that puller fans work the most efficiently. I had mine set up so that they would manually run or I could kick them on manually with a switch. I would always just kick them on when I started the car since in Vegas you need as much cooling as you can get.

Comment

Flex-a-lites are a reliable brand. Beware of the cheap fans. These are 12" S blade Flex-a-Lites mounted on a 3rd gen Prelude. they were like $80 per fan from Summit.

Comment

great info going to upgrade my car soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X