Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tranny leak. fix please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny leak. fix please?

okay well i just replaced the tranny and when i first started it up the tranny kept leaking from this ps line (i think thats what it is). i replaced the bolt that held it in there with the washer and its leaking less but still leaking. its a perfect tranny so id hate to mess it up. any way to fix the leak?

heres a pic

the bolt that i replaced was the one to the right of my finger. as u can see the tranny fluid is sitting right under it.

im going to try putting two washers , one under and one on top of the line and if that doesnt work im going to replace the hardline.

urgh more and more problems keep coming !
    Last edited by tear2wo; 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

is the washer supposed to go in between the bolt and the line or the line and the tranny ??!? this could be why its leaking ..

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
      is the washer supposed to go in between the bolt and the line or the line and the tranny ??!? this could be why its leaking ..
      I think both. a washer in between the line and transmission and another between the line and your bolt.
      www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

well my dumbass lost the washer it had on it about an hour ago trying to adjust the bolt right. im going to buy two washers and try that, if not im going to replace that hard line and see if it works.

Comment

is there any way i can jb weld this or something ? im losing a lot of tranny fluid. leaving a trail behind me wen i drive.

please i neeed suggestions! !!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like a quick trip to the Junkyards! I wouldnt jb weld anything.

Comment

awww shiett...g/l though. you prolly missed a step somewhere, but dont worry, leaks are usualy easy fix, just need to find the right thing.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                awww shiett...g/l though. you prolly missed a step somewhere, but dont worry, leaks are usualy easy fix, just need to find the right thing.
                i put a pipe on the wrench and tightened it some more. i drove around for a bit and found no more fluid. hopefully that did the trick. ima refill the trans and try again.

Comment

Working...
                X