Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord 5 speed 2nd gear shift synchronizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord 5 speed 2nd gear shift synchronizer

hey. i currently drive a 91 accord auto. but im getting trouble wit the 5 light etc etc etc. wateva!!! i see a ad on craigslist for a 91 accord 5 speed and in the ad it says "2nd gear shift synchronizer is out still runs an drives great jus cant get it into 2nd gear sumtimes" how much would it cost to fix this if i buy the car. and what does this part do?

It requires a full transmission overhaul. NOT cheap. It's cheaper to replace the transmission with a known working unit.

And for the record... "but im getting trouble wit the 5 light etc etc etc. wateva!!!"... I have absolutely no fucking idea what that means. Be clear, or don't expect help. We're not interested in wasting our time here trying to decipher your gibberish.

Comment

your best bet would be to go ahead and just replace the trans. And give your new trans, and your engine a healthy dose of love treatment while you're in there!! one of my biggest concerns with cars I used to see come through the shop was that people didn't give their auto trannys flushes at the scheduled intervals, or ever at all. Just search the forum, you'll find all the info you need on how to go about going through this process.

And like Deev stated above, please be clear with what you post. I know it's reposting previously said critisizm but it's simply the truth. And, above all, good luck with it

life is good.

Comment

Just replace the transmission

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

if the car is cheap enough, i'd go ahead and get it, and save up for a used trans... or sell your auto car for the money... you can just skip second when u drive it... my car has the 4th gear synchro going out and i just use 4th gear as little as possible... double clutching and slow, steady engagement helps slip it in gear too.
          91 EX Coupe 5 Speed
          My Ride Thread

ASE Certified Master Tech Since 2005

Originally posted by deevergote
          That's like watching a guy stick his head up his own ass. Impressive... but why?
          Bought From: Quakerjoe , MikeW

Comment

LOL u mean the S light??? you are reffering to a Green light on the dash with an S in the middle noob lololololol. Your tranny is broken someway or another.

Comment

Working...
            X