Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help auto to 5 speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help auto to 5 speed swap

i just did a 5 speed swap on my cb7 and for some reason the motor doesnt sit right. i changed the rear mount and the front but it still sits wrong. can anyone help me

Originally posted by ae8tsick View Post
    i just did a 5 speed swap on my cb7 and for some reason the motor doesnt sit right. i changed the rear mount and the front but it still sits wrong. can anyone help me
    And you've changed the tranny mount too??

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
      And you've changed the tranny mount too??
      x2 was going to ask the same thing. Also, which 5sp trans did you swap in?

life is good.

Comment

You have to cut and reweld the tranny mount or buy a Custom mount from ESP.....

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
        1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
        1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
          You have to cut and reweld the tranny mount or buy a Custom mount from ESP.....
          Thats what i'd have told him if he didnt change the tranny mount.

He probably have changed it otherwise it wouldn't even bolt...

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
            Thats what i'd have told him if he didnt change the tranny mount.

He probably have changed it otherwise it wouldn't even bolt...
            Everyone changes the mount. Nobody realizes you have to change the bracket, or it sits crooked. You HAVE to change the bracket, or get the conversion mount. Just using the 5 speed mount on the auto bracket that is welded to the chassis will not work.

Comment

To the O.P.Check my sig. Your question and will be answered. Auto bracket sits further back than a manual bracket. thats why youe engine is crooked. The exact measurments are in my sig if you decide to weld in a 5spd bracket.

Comment

Or you could just purchase the ESP Auto to 5spd conversion mount, that'll avoid all the welding and cutting. I think its 110 shipped or something. Definitely not worth it to do all that work when someone's already done it for you.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

So the stock 5 speed transmission mount won't work and the new tranny came off a 1992 cb7 and my car is the same year

Comment

You need to remove the transmission mount bracket in your automatic car, and replace it with the transmission mount bracket from a manual car. The year doesn't matter.

Comment

Since you didn't bother following plee3's suggestion, I did it for you. Here's the post in his thread that he wanted you to see. Look closely.

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                      More random pics.

Auto to manual swap pics.

This thing is history! LOL!

Auto bracket out.

This pic is very important to those of you who are doing the A/T M/T bracket swap. The A/T bracket sits 13 3/4in from the core support. The M/T bracket sits 12 1/4in away from the core support. So the M/T bracket is mounted closer to the core support. Thats why the manual trans will not line up until the modifacation is performed.

A/T bracket location 13 3/4

M/T bracket location 12 1/4

Comment

"To those of you who are doing the A/T M/T bracket swap. The A/T bracket sits 13 3/4in from the core support. The M/T bracket sits 12 1/4in away from the core support. So the M/T bracket is mounted closer to the core support. Thats why the manual trans will not line up until the modifacation is performed." You also run a risk of snapping your axles. since your engine sits 1 1/2in back your axles are stretched 1 1/2in out of place. (13 3/4 - 12/ 1/4 = 1 1/21n)

Deev pulled it up for you too! We have given you all the correct information. The only thing we havent done was perform the work for you.

Comment

can anyone help me out i am also trying to make my car stick but im confused about which of the esp mounts would i need ... do i need all 3 or can i get the one that i need the most

Comment

I'd get all three. your mounts that are currently in the car are probably old as the car, unless you know you just put in brand new Honda mounts, so that means that the rubber is all old and dry rotted.

Comment

Working...
                            X