Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rev limit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rev limit...

hey guys i am running a rebuilt/ported head with type R valve springs....
    i was told from the person i got it (cousin in law) that my rev limit can be 9k...
    i was wondering where i can go to get my rev limit changed, as in does it have to be at a certain location, and how much would it run me?

You need an ECU that can be chipped and tuned, such as a P06 or P28.

What engine are you running? There are no "Type R" valve springs for the F22A, so unless you have an H22A and you're running "Euro R" springs (which still shouldn't go to 9k) then I'm wondering what you really have in there.

Also, if you aren't running a good aftermarket cam, you won't really gain anything by revving higher.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      You need an ECU that can be chipped and tuned, such as a P06 or P28.

What engine are you running? There are no "Type R" valve springs for the F22A, so unless you have an H22A and you're running "Euro R" springs (which still shouldn't go to 9k) then I'm wondering what you really have in there.

Also, if you aren't running a good aftermarket cam, you won't really gain anything by revving higher.

im running an f22a4....i was told by my cousin they were type R.... i might have heard wrong...
      but i do know for a fact he said i could change my rev limit and my engine would be able to take it... ill get more info right now

edit:got the info cousin in law told me the whole head can take a rev limit of 9k
      but will need better cam... any good cams??
      Last edited by rudimentary; 01-15-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Check out Bisimoto.com for the best F22A cams you can buy.

There was no "Type R" version of the F22A, nor are there any aftermarket companies that make springs bearing that name. The only true "Type R" parts would come from B series engines (Civics and Integras)... and those, to the best of my knowledge, would not be right for the F22A.

I would check with him again, and see if you can get more details. If the valve springs aren't right for that head, then you could end up with serious damage if you try to take it to 9k (or even run it at all!)

Not saying your cousin is wrong, or doesn't know what he's doing... just that I can't quite figure out what he did, and I'd like more information before saying that you are indeed capable of revving to 9k.

Also, your bottom end isn't going to hold out for very long revving that high. I wouldn't take a stock F22A bottom end over 7k...

Comment

thank for the info!
          i must have miss heard him then...
          i know that i have the correct valve springs, and i know there performance once.. but im just not sure they are.
          my cousin in law had this head on his old cb and ran it back in the late 90s early 00s blew it then had it rebuilt/ported then sold his cb and kept all the performance parts... sold most of them now and i bought the head off of him
          ive been running this head since the other had issues after the timing belt broke...
          im trying the get info on why i can rev that high...
          but for now all im really looking for is info so i can get more performance out of my engine
          what would need to happen to my bottom end to be able to hold 9k rpm??
          i know that was a noob question but im new at the game...

Comment

You'll need new rod bolts at the very least... ARP makes good ones.

However, I would upgrade the rods and pistons (if you're going for NA performance, might as well raise compression a bit with domed pistons). New bearings obviously would be a part of this.

Comment

i bet you when he told his cousin he had an f22 he automatically thought of the f22c from the s2k ......
              I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 1991f22a1 View Post
                i bet you when he told his cousin he had an f22 he automatically thought of the f22c from the s2k ......
                mmm nope he knows and i know what motor the car has...
                just misinterpreted words

Comment

You'll need new rod bolts at the very least... ARP makes good ones.

However, I would upgrade the rods and pistons (if you're going for NA performance, might as well raise compression a bit with domed pistons). New bearings obviously would be a part of this.
                  thanks!
                  i also found out that the stock trans wouldnt hold long so im thinking of upgrading to a 5 speed or H swap semi auto...

Comment

Originally posted by 1991f22a1 View Post
                    The head was previously in his cousin's CB, so he knows what it is.

Plus, there's no Type R S2000 either.

Originally posted by rudimentary View Post
                    thanks!
                    i also found out that the stock trans wouldnt hold long so im thinking of upgrading to a 5 speed or H swap semi auto...
                    5 speed is doable. The "semi auto" will be very difficult. I think only one member here has ever done it, and he lives in Malaysia.

The stock auto can hold a fair amount of power. The problem is that most of them have not been properly maintained (such as regular fluid changes every 15-30k miles with genuine Honda fluid), and they're in bad condition now. There are companies such as LevelTen that can build your automatic transmission to hold more power, too.

5 speed is easier, though. All you need to do is get a mount kit from Explicit Speed Performance, or cut the transmission mount bracket from a manual CB and weld it into yours. Everything else is straight forward.

If your cousin had a CB with work done to it in the early 2000s, was he a member of this site? We started in 2003.

Comment

yeah i know which guy your talking about i saw the semy auto....
                      well my goal would be the semi auto.. but 5 speed sound a lot more manageable..
                      nope he never got to be a member he sold his cb in 03
                      but hes thinking of getting another one and hopefully be a member soon!

Comment

Originally posted by rudimentary View Post
                        yeah i know which guy your talking about i saw the semy auto....
                        well my goal would be the semi auto.. but 5 speed sound a lot more manageable..
                        nope he never got to be a member he sold his cb in 03
                        but hes thinking of getting another one and hopefully be a member soon!
                        That would be cool. We need more oldschool CB7 fans on here! If he had a worked F22A, he was ahead of the curve... I only know of one member that did any serious NA work to an F22A (and he was running 13s)... and nobody took it seriously. It wasn't until Bisimoto came along that people realized exactly how much potential the F22A has.

The semi-auto will be no stronger than an automatic, and it'll have more complicated and expensive parts to break. It would be a really cool thing to do, but don't consider it to be a significant upgrade in terms of strength, or putting power to the ground.

Comment

dude, ditch the auto, got to pick and pull, and get all the 5spd swap.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

That would be cool. We need more oldschool CB7 fans on here! If he had a worked F22A, he was ahead of the curve... I only know of one member that did any serious NA work to an F22A (and he was running 13s)... and nobody took it seriously. It wasn't until Bisimoto came along that people realized exactly how much potential the F22A has.

The semi-auto will be no stronger than an automatic, and it'll have more complicated and expensive parts to break. It would be a really cool thing to do, but don't consider it to be a significant upgrade in terms of strength, or putting power to the ground.
                            yeah he had his cb pretty fixed up from what i remember ill see if i can get some pics from him and post them up....
                            maybe someone on here will recognize the car...
                            well i guess for sure now its going to be a 5 speed swap for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                              dude, ditch the auto, got to pick and pull, and get all the 5spd swap.
                              ima start getting parts tomorrow!
                              little parts first like clutch pedal and what not...

Comment

Working...
                              X