Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb7 on spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 on spray?

i got a 91 cb7 with a stock f22a4..only header and short ram intake. I would love to hear anyones opinion on a some what safe shot for my car. i got a nos wet kit. any info would be good. im new to nitrous.

50 shot no prob

how many miles on da engine??
    is the motor n good shape?

Comment

its got maybe 150k..the motor is in good shape...i got no problems with it..lol

Comment

Wanna buy a Zex Wet kit? Comes with everything. Let me know.

Comment

theres a few members on the forum here running nos on stock motor. so as long as the motors healthy im sure 50shot wont hurt
          You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
          Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

On a stock motor, the rule of thumb is no more than half the HP. We have a secton on nitrous in the performance section of the big kid's forum. Many many answers can be found there. You can look and read, but you won't be able to post there until you have your 30 posts in. Take the time to read the stickies at the top of each section, and use the search function in the upper right, it'll save you a lot of time and will keep you from asking the same questions as dozens or hundreds before you!

Comment

Originally posted by hdoubleduce2010 View Post
              its got maybe 150k..the motor is in good shape...i got no problems with it..lol
              As long as it's not burning oil or has any knocking or pinging sounds go for it. Agreed 50 shot is all u should need for now.
              Wish i could run a 50 shot on my motor. . . lol to bad she's got 238k on her

Comment

Originally posted by Johnz826 View Post
                As long as it's not burning oil or has any knocking or pinging sounds go for it. Agreed 50 shot is all u should need for now.
                Wish i could run a 50 shot on my motor. . . lol to bad she's got 238k on her
                Im about to run a 75 shot on a tuned ECU here soon and my motor has 245k on it. Now if you had like 350k on your engine then yeah its going to pop as soon as you hit that button im sure but you should be able to get yourself a 50 shot and be fine.

Comment

A 50 shot is safe, as is a 75 shot IMO, as I ran one for a while, as did my brother, but health of the motor is important. You may want to do a compression and leak down test before hand to ensure all is well internally.

Also, I have seen up to a 125 shot on a stock motor, but its not recommended.

You would be best to run a wet shot, run good gas, and get at least 1 step colder plugs for a 50 shot.

Is your car auto btw? If so, I wouldn't go with a very big shot.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I would actually prefer dry over wet for a single port fogger, especially when only running a low shot (50-75). I wouldn't go over 75 with a dry shot.

A single nozzle wet system will very often result in the cylinders closer to the throttle body running rich, while the cylinders further away run lean. As long as you don't abuse it, and your motor is healthy, this probably won't be enough to do damage... but for this reason, I still prefer dry.

chessboxer's advice is the best you're going to get... make sure the motor is healthy, then run a low shot (50-75, no higher, unless you're prepared to blow something up.) A CB7's automatic transmission tends not to like excess torque, and most of the automatics on the road these days have not been properly maintained... so that's another reason not to abuse things. If you're automatic, I would do a fluid change, and use some good synthetic fluid, such as Red Line.

Comment

wassup Phil i see you've been busy asking away... i wouldnt run a shot on that motor it has what the odometer says, i know you've heard otherwise but i can reassure you that it hasnt been swapped...(my brothers old car)

i have your taillight harnesses lmk...if you bought that kit from Eric wait to install it... im gettin rid of my motor soon... an you know my motors a stock beast its been beggin to be tampered with

^^MY OLD RIDE
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

I agree with deeve on this on a 50-75 dry shot would be your best bet.....

ZEX make really good kits and NX would prob be the best!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                        1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                        1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Zex is the most "idiot proof". NX, NOS, and other systems usually involve less electronics, and require a bit more knowledge to not blow up your motor. They're all perfectly capable systems (and for a low shot like this, I'm sure one is really no better than the other as far as function goes... though the flow ratings may differ, I've heard).

Comment

I think he just bought a friend of mines NOS brand set up.. $125 but when i talk to the OP i think he is also convinced on a dsm turbo setup.. im gonna meet with him later on so i can share some knowledge on his questions..

^^MY OLD RIDE
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Better share some knowledge on how to swap out an engine, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X