Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can a broken axle prevent car from reversing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can a broken axle prevent car from reversing?

i think my axles are messed up because when i hit the gas it sounds like something is holding the car back from accelerating. when i get to a certain rpm it lets go. feels like the breaks are sticking but they arent.

anyways recently my car hasnt been going into reverse. every gear is fine. could the axles be causing this?

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
    i think my axles are messed up because when i hit the gas it sounds like something is holding the car back from accelerating. when i get to a certain rpm it lets go. feels like the breaks are sticking but they arent.

anyways recently my car hasnt been going into reverse. every gear is fine. could the axles be causing this?
    yes it could.but the possablity of 2 brokin axels are unlikly with out a lsd.by lets go do u mean while in gear the car revs freely?or it pops out of gear?

my new turbo build

Comment

Jack your car up and look at your axles, and halfshaft.
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I've never (in over 25 years of wrenching) seen a broken halfshaft that worked in your forward gears but then didn't work in reverse. I'm leaning more torwards an internal problem or possibly a rear brake issue. If your axle was broken, you'd know. At best it would be making horrible noises, at worst, it would be in a couple of pieces.

Comment

I've had a couple broken axles in my day and they never felt like they were holding the car back. Also I don't recall them only affecting certain RPMs. As soon as something becomes rpm dependent I ususally think internal problem.
          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Do you have an auto or manual tranny? If it were your axles it should do the same thing regardless of what direction you are moving. Do you get to a certain rpm and your motor revs but you aren't accelerating or does it feel like it's literally slowing you down?

Comment

pretty sure he's got an auto, if it were a stick, he'd be smelling clutch.

Check your tranny fluid, and its probley time for a fluid and filter change, and a flush if you can afford it, trannys starting to go.

My sis in-law has this issue, had it for about a year now, as long as the tranny level is good and the fluid doesnt get burnt it will last for a little while longer.

Comment

When you mash the gas, does the transmission shift down to the proper gear? If you're driving along at 55 in 4th and press the gas mid-soft, do the rpms jump any? How much?
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Torque converter

Comment

thanks for all the input guys . well i think the reverse issue is ecause of the auto tranny taking a crap on me. but in between 2300-2800 rpms im getting this weird vibration under the car. i have an exhaust leak and my steering rack is leaking but i dont see any other problems other then that under the car

Comment

thanks for all the input guys . well i think the reverse issue is ecause of the auto tranny taking a crap on me. but in between 2300-2800 rpms im getting this weird vibration under the car. i have an exhaust leak and my steering rack is leaking but i dont see any other problems other then that under the car
                      Sorry to hear that, and I just gotta say althoughyour wagon is clean! AND we have matching wheels Anyway, yeah I was going to post earlier but my laptop took a poo. If it were your cv axles you would've heard noises much similar to bunnies munching in carrots made of steel. It wouldn't have been too pretty. I wish wheels just turned themselves

life is good.

Comment

fix it.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

axles issues.. damn this brings back memories. Back home thanks to our messed up roads we had to get our axles changed once every six months! i have driven on a fucked up axle (and i really mean bad, like it will make noise even on a slightest of turn, and it is like KARR KAARRRRR like someone threw a glass bowl in a blender lol) but no never we had issues with reverse gear.

About your transmission, dont do a flush. A flush might result in a permanent failure, go for a drain and fill (it is like 60-80$ for a honda) and see if that works. In a drain and fill there is a higher chance your transmission can be saved.

In btw, here is a tip for you. Some places warranties there work, as in if your part fail they will repair that part for free. So search around for a place like this (i found that an oil change place near my house called Mr. Lube actually has this service) So if your tranny takes a crap after you have done your flush/fill n drain, then you can blame it on them

Comment

Your automatic transmission is definitely taking a shit on you. Just get one from Tiger, they're only $120 bucks, check 'em out. Mine just arrived with my F20A DOHC.

And before anybody brings it up, Tiger is not a bad company. I have had much experience with them and I know they get a lot of bad rep for no reason. You can have problems with any company especially dealing with used equipment being shipped overseas and bouncing around to their destinations. All of Tigers stuff is warrantied and they are easy to get a hold of via phone call if you have any problems. Their prices are low, their shipping prices are lower, their service and product quality is average.
                            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                              Your automatic transmission is definitely taking a shit on you. Just get one from Tiger, they're only $120 bucks, check 'em out. Mine just arrived with my F20A DOHC.

And before anybody brings it up, Tiger is not a bad company. I have had much experience with them and I know they get a lot of bad rep for no reason. You can have problems with any company especially dealing with used equipment being shipped overseas and bouncing around to their destinations. All of Tigers stuff is warrantied and they are easy to get a hold of via phone call if you have any problems. Their prices are low, their shipping prices are lower, their service and product quality is average.
                              i would love to get another transmission but i dont have the means to put it in myself. no tools and no idea on what the hell im doing

could the vibrating be from the exhaust leak? its where the test pipe and downpipe meet. right where the o2 sensor is.

Comment

Working...
                              X