Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 turbo

I wanna go turbo with my F22 i want 300hp at the wheel what all do i need to achieve this goal because im getting told to many different things some people tell me to put the turbo and get tuned andothers are sayingi haveto build the block

i would said built you block

Comment

300whp is pushing the limits of a stock block. You COULD technically do it, but who knows how long it will last. Though it's no guarantee that ANY turbo motor will last... even built. A proper tune is necessary either way.

I suggest you learn more about what it takes to add a turbo to a Honda engine. Once you understand what is involved, you can answer your own question. Many people are truly ignorant when it comes to turbo, and they will only repeat what they have heard on the internet without actually understanding it. That's why you've been getting such varied information. Learn the facts yourself. Don't waste your time listening to uneducated people.

Comment

learn more about motors then u could start ur build n boost it dont listen to other ppl thats not educated n goodluck on the build

Comment

I have owned a few turbo cars and thought it was bull when they told me to slap a turbo on and call it a day now I priced things out and it will cost about $2000 to build my block so now that I have that answered should I put sleves in it or not and if so what are the best ones to go with

and I'm thinkin about spraying directport probably about 100 shot

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordkidd View Post
            learn more about motors then u could start ur build n boost it dont listen to other ppl thats not educated n goodluck on the build
            Would you care to add something useful, rather than just simplifying and rewording what I said?

Comment

Originally posted by Fast90Accord View Post
              I have owned a few turbo cars and thought it was bull when they told me to slap a turbo on and call it a day now I priced things out and it will cost about $2000 to build my block so now that I have that answered should I put sleves in it or not and if so what are the best ones to go with

and I'm thinkin about spraying directport probably about 100 shot
              Darton or Golden Eagle are the sleeves most people use. That's $1000 right there. Rods and pistons will be about another $1000. Then you have gaskets, fluids, sensors... I would plan on spending more than $2000.

You CAN "slap on a turbo and call it a day", but you need a healthy motor, the correct parts, and a GOOD tune. Owning turbo cars doesn't make you an expert on turbo. My first car was turbo... and I barely knew how to change the oil on it.

Comment

I am also an automotive mechanic and have done a couple turbo upgrades and domestic cars but I really like the cb7 and plan on keepin it but don't know much bout hondas so the more info I can get on what parts are better than others would be great I looked up rods pistons on ebay wasn't sure if they were any good though

Comment

Cheap stuff on ebay is generally a bad idea. You can find quality parts at good prices on there, but you have to be careful not to get knockoff parts.

I wouldn't trust an ebay turbo kit. Piece together your own kit. If you've installed turbo systems before, you should know what all the parts do.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45035
                  Check out that thread. Then search for the Members Rides page for those members posted. You will see a detailed summary of their builds.

Comment

I nevered claimed to be an expert but I'm not a biggner either as far as turbos go

ok thanks boss I'll check it out and I will be posting updates with me progress

oh 1 more ? Wats better for boost should I keep my syock f22 head or an h23 head

Comment

the F22 head works fine. the H23 head doesn't offer any considerable benefit, and can only introduce additional reliability issues. If you want to make the best of it, get a good port and polish job on the F22A head. When properly modified, the F22A head can outflow any other F or H series head.

Comment

ok thanks I'm gonna keep my head and build it

Comment

for 300hp i wouldnt bother sleeving it.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

will the stock sleeves be able to handle that amount of HP I also want to spray direct port nitros or should I just hold off on the nos

Comment

i think u should hold off on nos

Comment

Working...
                              X