Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cutting Aftermarket lowering springs???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
    Hahahahaha wow
    x2 fatman
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Wow that was quick guys, thanks for replying so fast.......As of right now it rides really good but it just not low enough to how i like my ride to be. I get alot of mixed opinions about this because people have done it and they say that it was actually better and some say it was horrible, but then again alot of people have never experienced or actually had cut springs personally and are going off what others say. But anycase im gonna get some coilovers and do it right. THANKS EVERYONE.

Comment

Dude you DONT want to cut springs. besides the shitty ride you'll get 99% of the time, you'll blow a shock in no time. granted some people get luck for "4 years" lol but i would not risk it. i have coilovers and there great. fully adjustable.

if your gunna cut em your better off with OEM

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha_Boy View Post
          Wow that was quick guys, thanks for replying so fast.......As of right now it rides really good but it just not low enough to how i like my ride to be. I get alot of mixed opinions about this because people have done it and they say that it was actually better and some say it was horrible, but then again alot of people have never experienced or actually had cut springs personally and are going off what others say. But anycase im gonna get some coilovers and do it right. THANKS EVERYONE.
          sorry for double post, u posted right before me. just check the specs of the coilovers yurr getting. they will tell you how much they will lower. Also you'll need an aftermarket camber kit if your lowering a lot, and get it aligned. camber and toe. you'll eat up tires otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo34 View Post
            sorry for double post, u posted right before me. just check the specs of the coilovers yurr getting. they will tell you how much they will lower. Also you'll need an aftermarket camber kit if your lowering a lot, and get it aligned. camber and toe. you'll eat up tires otherwise
            Yea im thinking of getting the form&function or if they ever produce them Raceland....

Comment

F20A CB7, take a week off. I will not have my members put at risk because of bad information. You're lucky cut springs didn't end your life. Cars react unpredictably when the suspension is improperly altered.

If you can't at least give advice that isn't dangerous, stay out of this section.

Buddha_Boy, I'm glad to see you have some sense. Cutting any springs, aftermarket or otherwise, is dangerous. If the aftermarket springs are cheap quality "ebay" springs, it's even more dangerous. It was a stupid idea, but that's what this site is here for... to help you learn about your car, and learn what to do... and what not to do!

Whatever you do, make sure you have good shocks. If the car is lowered on original shocks, that is also very dangerous.
              Although it's not cheap, I suggest Koni Yellow shocks and Ground Control coilover sleeves. They're safe, high quality, and they will add performance... not just make the car look cool. The shocks also have a lifetime warranty, so if they blow, you get another to replace it.

Comment

Do it the right way, or dont do it at all..Enough said..
                www.PreludePower.com
                BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
                  Do it the right way, or dont do it at all..Enough said..
                  Enough has already been said.

We don't need to continue. The OP understands what he needs to know.

Comment

Working...
                  X