Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cutting Aftermarket lowering springs???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting Aftermarket lowering springs???

What up everyone, I got my car and it currently has lowering springs (I dont know the brand) the springs are lime green, but anycase have you heard of anyone cutting a coil or two off of there aftermarket springs to lower it a inch more or so, it was just a thought because i know i can easily buy some coilovers and lower it like that but i have experienced the super bounciness of coilovers on my past CB7's (this is my 3rd). Thanks.

Originally posted by Buddha_Boy View Post
    i know i can easily buy some coilovers and lower it like that but i have experienced the super bounciness of coilovers on my past CB7's (this is my 3rd). Thanks.
    Then you definitely won't like cut springs.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i had cut springs for 4 years, and when i got it done, it was all bouncy as every 1 makes it seem, now i no it can b bouncy but mine werent, cut springs actually saved me from a wreck. if i was on oem suspension i wouldve crashed around the 1 corner
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Green aftermarket springs are most likely Tein, Suspension Techniques, or eBay specials.

But anyways, just what Josh said. Cut springs produce really shitty ride quality. Get better springs, shocks, both, or coilovers if you want to go lower AND retain or get better ride quality.
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          cut springs actually saved me from a wreck. if i was on oem suspension i wouldve crashed around the 1 corner
          That is total BS, care to explain how CUT springs saved you in the corner?

OP Cut springs are dangerous reguardless.
          If you want a drop get matched springs and shocks to suit your required drop.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

ur bs, u wasnt there

Comment

ur bs, u wasnt there
              So please explain how you think cut springs helped you.
              Or would you be reffering to the fact that the car suspension was just lower and that helped?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

ya, car sat lower and it helped me, granted if i had oem stock heigh sus. i wouldve crashed, thats all friend

Comment

Not much of a compelling argument... but ok.
                  Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

to the OP, let me put this in kind of blatant terms for you,

cheap lowering springs in general are crap,
                    but cutting cheap lowering springs is like saying "i am better of just driving my car off a cliff while i go for the ride"
                    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                      Not much of a compelling argument... but ok.
                      whos arguing guy, this is the internet...

Comment

ya, car sat lower and it helped me, granted if i had oem stock heigh sus. i wouldve crashed, thats all friend
                        Thats just the point I was trying to get at - It wasn't the fact of cut springs, rather the lowered rideheight.

As I said, I don't advise anyone to cut springs.
                        But if young new people see posts saying cut springs saved my life, they can take it the wrong way and start thinking that cut springs are the best thing ever.
                        Then start posting up pictures of their Cb thats 10mm off the ground sitting on the bumpstops and saying "It's a bit bumpy but damn this CB handles like a train on rails"

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

I am in no way endorsing this but I had a Civic hatch back in the day that had Sprint lowering springs on it. I cut em down, didn't feel much difference. Of course that was a Civic, probably gonna be a lot different with an Accord. But like I said I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Hahahahaha wow
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Yeah I chopped my tokico blues down 4 inches in front, and 3 in the rear. Worst mistake yet.. So I ordered some skunk2 adjustable coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X