Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22b1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b1...

Greetings, Chance mi recently did a swap wit' a F22B1. I still haffi hook up da' V Tec and get the 94/97 ECU, nevertheless car still run, however... it running rich!!! So mi question is will an O2 sensor help or do I go head and get ECU and get it tuned. Gonna' get it eventually, but was wondering is that the main reason for car running rich???

You'll DEFINITELY want to get the correct ECU as soon as possible. If you're running your old ECU on that motor, something bad will happen. It's not a question of "if", it's "when".

If you're o2 sensor is old, it wouldn't hurt to get a new one also.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by C-Minus View Post
      Greetings, Chance mi recently did a swap wit' a F22B1. I still haffi hook up da' V Tec and get the 94/97 ECU, nevertheless car still run, however... it running rich!!! So mi question is will an O2 sensor help or do I go head and get ECU and get it tuned. Gonna' get it eventually, but was wondering is that the main reason for car running rich???
      im in the same situation your in . i have a f22b1 with the f22ax ecu. replaced the o2 sensor and im still wasting a lot of gas. in 1 day i went through half a tank just driving about 30 miles.

i just ordered a POA ecu. check on ebay. i got mine for 85$ shipped. ill let you know if it solves my problem when it comes in the mail

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

my egr and a bunch of seals were leaking and only got 200 hpg sound like we should all do so stuff to these cb7/cb9 put that ecu in and hope you get it running better than my wagon

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          You'll DEFINITELY want to get the correct ECU as soon as possible. If you're running your old ECU on that motor, something bad will happen. It's not a question of "if", it's "when".

If you're o2 sensor is old, it wouldn't hurt to get a new one also.
          Nothing willl happen if you run a the f22a ecu with a f22b1. Thats how I'm running mine until I get chipped p06 or p28. The only thing that will happen is no vtec.

As for the car running rich,have you checked your timing it could be advanced or the O2 sensor is bad. I just needed a new o2 sensor and I was fine
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Agreed. The PT3 or PT6 running the F22B1 won't hurt anything. At least not for quite a while. It won't be right, but it will work.

The P0A is the best thing to run if you can get one, though. The proper ECU is always best.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
              Nothing willl happen if you run a the f22a ecu with a f22b1. Thats how I'm running mine until I get chipped p06 or p28. The only thing that will happen is no vtec.

As for the car running rich,have you checked your timing it could be advanced or the O2 sensor is bad. I just needed a new o2 sensor and I was fine
              i replaced my o2 sensor. and im still getting shitty gas mileage. so it must be the ecu .. ill let u guys know how my gas mileage is after i change the ecu. hopefully it gets better because im putting 20$ of gas in every two days.

edit ** ill be replacing my wires, cap and rotor and fuel filter to make sure everything is up to date too ..

Comment

If the CEL isn't solid, and you're not getting any error codes, the ECU should be fine.

What o2 sensor did you use? If it's a Bosch sensor, it may not be working properly. They rarely do. You need NTK or Denso.

The cap, rotor, plugs, and wires can affect fuel economy as well. Cap and rotor can usually be cheap autoparts store stuff... I've never had a problem, nor have I heard of a problem. Plugs should be NGK or Denso. Wires should be NGK (larger aftermarket wires have nothing to offer you, and some function far worse than NGK)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  If the CEL isn't solid, and you're not getting any error codes, the ECU should be fine.

What o2 sensor did you use? If it's a Bosch sensor, it may not be working properly. They rarely do. You need NTK or Denso.

The cap, rotor, plugs, and wires can affect fuel economy as well. Cap and rotor can usually be cheap autoparts store stuff... I've never had a problem, nor have I heard of a problem. Plugs should be NGK or Denso. Wires should be NGK (larger aftermarket wires have nothing to offer you, and some function far worse than NGK)
                  well i had a code 1 (primary o2 sensor) and 43 (fuel supply) . i replaced the o2 with a bosch o2 (got a hook up at autozone ) and now the 43 code is gone but im still getting code 1. i was thinking that it could be lighting up because the f22 uses two o2 sensors and not 1 like the f22b1 .

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                    well i had a code 1 (primary o2 sensor) and 43 (fuel supply) . i replaced the o2 with a bosch o2 (got a hook up at autozone ) and now the 43 code is gone but im still getting code 1. i was thinking that it could be lighting up because the f22 uses two o2 sensors and not 1 like the f22b1 .
                    F22Ax's only use 1 sensor.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

F22 what?

If you have the F22A in your car, it uses one o2 sensor. All OBD1 cars use 1 o2 sensor.

Bosch does not work properly. Plain and simple. If you're getting poor fuel economy, that is very likely to be the cause. Replace it with NTK or Denso, and you'll find that your mpg will increase.

Everyone buys Bosch because it's cheap, ignoring all advice against them. "Bosch invented the o2 sensor, and it's for our car... it has to work."... but it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        F22Ax's only use 1 sensor.
                        F22 what?

If you have the F22A in your car, it uses one o2 sensor. All OBD1 cars use 1 o2 sensor.

Bosch does not work properly. Plain and simple. If you're getting poor fuel economy, that is very likely to be the cause. Replace it with NTK or Denso, and you'll find that your mpg will increase.

Everyone buys Bosch because it's cheap, ignoring all advice against them. "Bosch invented the o2 sensor, and it's for our car... it has to work."... but it doesn't.
                        are you guys sure that the f22ax only has one o2 sensor? right now i have one o2 sensor on the downpipe (the one i replaced) and then right after the downpipe there is another o2 sensor . but this one has had its wires cut so im guessing the previous owners did that since the f22b1 only uses one. i was going to take it out but then id have a hole in my exhaust.

urgh now i cant even return the bosch sensor because i had to splice it into the plug for the old o2 since the plugs didnt match up . the old o2 was probably for a f22ax n i bought one for the f22b1 .

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                          are you guys sure that the f22ax only has one o2 sensor? right now i have one o2 sensor on the downpipe (the one i replaced) and then right after the downpipe there is another o2 sensor . but this one has had its wires cut so im guessing the previous owners did that since the f22b1 only uses one. i was going to take it out but then id have a hole in my exhaust.

urgh now i cant even return the bosch sensor because i had to splice it into the plug for the old o2 since the plugs didnt match up . the old o2 was probably for a f22ax n i bought one for the f22b1 .
                          So you spliced your harness, too? Nice.

The F22A has one o2 sensor. There are two locations for it, depending on the version of the F22A... but it only uses one o2 sensor. Trust me. I run the site dedicated to the model... I know this for an absolute fact.

Replace the Bosch sensor with an NTK or Denso sensor that will work properly. And hope you didn't alter the resistance of the wiring too much with your splicing, or it may never function properly again.

Comment

So you spliced your harness, too? Nice.

The F22A has one o2 sensor. There are two locations for it, depending on the version of the F22A... but it only uses one o2 sensor. Trust me. I run the site dedicated to the model... I know this for an absolute fact.

Replace the Bosch sensor with an NTK or Denso sensor that will work properly. And hope you didn't alter the resistance of the wiring too much with your splicing, or it may never function properly again.
                            no i didnt splice the harness. my o2 was set up weird. the damaged o2 was plugged into the same plug that came on the new o2. so when i went to plug in the new o2 to the harness , it was the same exact plug. i had no choice but to cut off the plug off the old o2 and splice it on the new 1.

the plug shown in this pic is what is coming from the harness. dont know why

Comment

Ah, ok. Good. That's the way it should be done... always splice the part going on if splicing is necessary. NEVER splice your car's wiring if you can help it.

Comment

Working...
                              X