Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

white smoke from muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white smoke from muffler

i swap a6 IM, double stack spacer onto my a1 engine about a week an a half ago and today i start the car just to warm it up and once its warmed up, it stayed in 2000rpm and wont go down. also i started to see white smoke coming out of the muffler and went to go check back there and i can see some sort of liquid coming out. its cleared liquid but didn't taste it to see what kind of liquid it was. it look almost like water. i see no leak under the car or around where the runner meet the whole engine. what could be the problem? starting the new semester on the eleventh and need to find the problem.
    Mrs. Reddy

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178119
    MY FOR SALE THREAD CLICK LINK ON TOP

DO NOT TASTE IT.

White smoke is coolant. It's often the sign of a blown head gasket. If it's just at startup, then it may not be coolant. It may just be condensation. The smoke is steam, and the liquid is water. If it continues after the car is warm, or gets worse when under load, then it's coolant without a doubt.

There's really nothing with your intake manifold that should result in burning coolant...

As for the 2000rpm idle, go to the DIY section and read the "sticky" threads made by HondaFan81.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      DO NOT TASTE IT.
      OP if you take anything away from this Forum. Please please please let it be Deev's bit of advice right there lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

thanks, to make sure its not coolant i should take it out for a test drive and see if the car still have water leaking? also can it be the gasket between the runner and the block or head which ever one its bolt up to. oh yea one more thing when i did the swap i accidentally messed with the bolt on the cable that was attach to the plenum. could this also lead to the 2000rpm idle and i'd tried doing the base idle setup but car either turn off completely or idle between 2000 and 3000. but once under 2000 the rpm goes up and down.
        Mrs. Reddy

Comment

Yes, that cable is your throttle cable. If that's too tight, your throttle plate won't close. That would most certainly result in a high idle.

The surging idle fix is in the threads I mentioned, as well as the "sticky" threads in this section. I strongly suggest you read them so you have an idea of what you're doing.

Comment

sounds like head gasket to me u could check your coolant level.. as for u messing with the throttle cable idk

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo34 View Post
              sounds like head gasket to me u could check your coolant level.. as for u messing with the throttle cable idk
              coolant keeps on disappearing but not leaking to the ground. put a card board under after warm up an hour later i came back to check, its still dry. so it is my head gasket going bad and also forgot to put that my car overheated a few days ago on the way back from pick n' pull. had to tow the car back home. im going to take the car to my mechanic and have him put the head gasket and all the other little o-ring and sealant that came with the head gasket set. i was just wandering is there any other better brand then fel pro gasket or is fel pro good enough. just asking to see if there any other brand that is better then fel pro. thanks guys. oh yea the throttle cable ima let my mechanic adjust it and set my base idle for me. and sorry one more question. after the a6 swap i bypass the line for the butterfly to the back of the plenum and after starting the car the butterfly stayed open. is that normal?
              Mrs. Reddy

Comment

The IAB is open when it's not on vacuum, I believe.

FelPro is alright. The only other option is to go to Honda and get OEM Honda gaskets. FelPro should work well enough, though.

if the car overheated, then you most certianly blew your head gasket. You may have also warped your head.

Comment

Originally posted by splitsecondcb View Post
                  coolant keeps on disappearing but not leaking to the ground. put a card board under after warm up an hour later i came back to check, its still dry. so it is my head gasket going bad and also forgot to put that my car overheated a few days ago on the way back from pick n' pull. had to tow the car back home. im going to take the car to my mechanic and have him put the head gasket and all the other little o-ring and sealant that came with the head gasket set. i was just wandering is there any other better brand then fel pro gasket or is fel pro good enough. just asking to see if there any other brand that is better then fel pro. thanks guys. oh yea the throttle cable ima let my mechanic adjust it and set my base idle for me. and sorry one more question. after the a6 swap i bypass the line for the butterfly to the back of the plenum and after starting the car the butterfly stayed open. is that normal?
                  Yea felpro is good and probly cheaper then dealer gaskets.. after the fix keep an eye on coolent lvl and white smoke after its warmed up or any leaking for the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                  X