Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rear shock is blown . should i be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry dropzone coilover sleeves.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

While you're replacing your struts, replace those sleeves before they kill you.

I swear, Dropzone's mission is to kill every tuner, one by one. They almost got me when my camber kit broke at 70mph!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        While you're replacing your struts, replace those sleeves before they kill you.

I swear, Dropzone's mission is to kill every tuner, one by one. They almost got me when my camber kit broke at 70mph!
        urgh thats what has me stumped. ive been debating on getting my h23 (which i just found one today for 500$!!) or getting function&form type 1's and be riding smooth.

no point in getting the coilovers if my engine takes a shit on me and no point in an engine if i end up crashing due to my suspension.

Comment

Very true.

Is your engine on the way out? If not, I'd hold off on the swap. H23s generally have high mileage (being USDM engines), so you may not be any better off with those. Not that old "low mileage" JDM (or Australian engines, which are probably no fresher than US ones) that have been sitting in a junkyard for 12 years are any better.

Step 1, jack up the car and see if there's any visible problem.
          You have those shitty coilovers, so something may have slipped. That could very well be the issue!

Step 2, figure out which is more important to fix. I would say suspension... because a blown motor won't hurt you, it'll just be a setback.

Step 3, figure out the best way to do what needs to be done.

Honestly, I'd say get Koni Yellows and Ground Control sleeves (if you want adjustable height), or H&R or Neuspeed springs (my preference would be springs). They're proven, they're quality. The shocks have a lifetime warranty, no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Very true.

Is your engine on the way out? If not, I'd hold off on the swap. H23s generally have high mileage (being USDM engines), so you may not be any better off with those. Not that old "low mileage" JDM (or Australian engines, which are probably no fresher than US ones) that have been sitting in a junkyard for 12 years are any better.

Step 1, jack up the car and see if there's any visible problem.
            You have those shitty coilovers, so something may have slipped. That could very well be the issue!

Step 2, figure out which is more important to fix. I would say suspension... because a blown motor won't hurt you, it'll just be a setback.

Step 3, figure out the best way to do what needs to be done.

Honestly, I'd say get Koni Yellows and Ground Control sleeves (if you want adjustable height), or H&R or Neuspeed springs (my preference would be springs). They're proven, they're quality. The shocks have a lifetime warranty, no questions asked.
            well i work and go to school everyday so i cant afford to have the engine take a crap on me. and i drive pretty slow and never on the highway so if my suspension does crap out on me i wont be going 75mph and face certain death .

my plans was to do the engine swap and do a full tune up on the engine while out. the engine i found has 154k so im sure it will last long after the full tune up. then save up for some f&f type 1's (ive heard nothing but good reviews and i want one piece coilovers) and energy suspension bushings and brand new oem ball joints.

Comment

Originally posted by SedanJunkie88
              Make sure your car runs... You can ride on a blown strut for a while ( look at all the honda's with cut springs ) It's not recommended but it's possible.
              If the engine quits, the car won't move. If the suspension quits, the car will crash.

Suspension is far more important.

Unless the engine is about to fail, it doesn't need to be replaced. Safety before performance.

Comment

Do you have the recipt from the kyb gr2's? They have a life time warranty if you have the recipt.

Comment

my rattle was the strut mount bushing, very cheap part to buy.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

hey dose any one know wear i can find spaces on injectors ? like how to take them apart or drill them out ?

Comment

Originally posted by accordaremylife View Post
                      hey dose any one know wear i can find spaces on injectors ? like how to take them apart or drill them out ?

there is a threaad in the diy, knock yourself out.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post

there is a threaad in the diy, knock yourself out.
                        WOW.and i thought i was dumb.but op,so u fixed it and it wasnt a blown strut?

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                          WOW.and i thought i was dumb.but op,so u fixed it and it wasnt a blown strut?
                          well see it can be a blown strut. but the way i found out was i heard the sound comming from the toppest part of the strut which was the mount.

visibly it didnt look damaged at all or bad in any way. I just replaced it and it was all good. its the bushing that looks like a half doughnut

Though i also did notice that the metal dust boot that covers most of the upper strut had marks on it that may of been rattling in there. I wrapped it with black electrical tape LOL. I havent had the issue since.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

sorry for being off topic wont bug u guys any more

Comment

Working...
                            X