Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radiator Cooling Fan wont turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Cooling Fan wont turn off

Shut off my car the other day and i noticed my cooling fan would act like it wanted to start then shut off then act like it wants to start then shut off, then it'll just stay on for about 20 minutes. Ive already replaced the relay, and the thermostat still does the same thing.

I had this problem before... What relay did you replace.

Cause when i had that same problem, i replaced the FAN TIMER RELAY and everything went OK.

Comment

only relay i replaced was the cooling fan relay, i have heard that the fan timer relay could also be the problem where was the relay that you replaced located?

Comment

r them replays them blk things inside the fuse box under the hood.

my coolin can doesnt come on at all. when my car needs to b cooled down the other fan will come on while driving, but off, nothing...
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

yeah those are your fan relays under the blk box,my fan wouldnt start either thats when i replaced the relay, now it will start just wont shut of

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            r them replays them blk things inside the fuse box under the hood.

my coolin can doesnt come on at all. when my car needs to b cooled down the other fan will come on while driving, but off, nothing...

Relays can be tested easily.
            www.PreludePower.com
            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
              Relays can be tested easily.
              at home or taking it in?
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

fix it yet, Terry?

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                  I had this problem before... What relay did you replace.

Cause when i had that same problem, i replaced the FAN TIMER RELAY and everything went OK.
                  the fan timer relay is supposed to be under you dash near your main relay
                  -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

if it was really hot out side the fans will come on and run up to 15 min that is normal.next time it does it ,and its not that hot outside disconect the fan switch on the front of the engine on the upper rad hose and see if they turn off ,might be a bad switch....

Comment

same thing for my 92

yeah my 92 has been doing this and it seems like it doesnt run while driving yet my car doesnt over heat for some reason so i think it runs and when i shut the car off the fan runs again i thought it was normal cuz maybe the engine was really hot but it guess not.
                      What Do You Tell a Chick With 2 Black Eye's?
                      Nothing You Already Told Her Twice

Comment

Working...
                      X