Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake ducts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake ducts

Does anybody out there actually have a brake duct kit for the CB7? I have been searching all day at work and all I can find is some DIY kits people did in their garages. I plan on taking my CB7 to the track this summer......a lot (friends/crew chief with two T2 championship drivers so seat time wont be much of an issue) and I realize that I prolly wont need them but I figure that an entire weekend of track abuse is going to kill my brakes and wheel bearings, if I can keep the temps down at least it will HELP (not fix) those problems.

Current list of brake parts include:
    Prelude VTEC rotors (blanks)
    Prelude VTEC calipers
    Hawk pads
    Stainless steel lines
    Castrol SRF
    Titanium shims

the CB chassis isnt raced near enough for companies to make a brake duct kit for, hell im not even aware of a kit for civics! brake ducts are usually a custom piece that each racer/team makes themselves to work with their specific setup.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

you can go pick up dryer exhaust tubes at a hardware store and use those to duct it however you want. thats what i used for my under hood air duct
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Thanks guys for the advice. I can have some made, luckily I have some awesome contacts who will only charge for materials, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a kit on the market already so i dont waste anyones time. I will fab some and then post some pictures and a how-to once its all done. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ITBH22 View Post
          Thanks guys for the advice. I can have some made, luckily I have some awesome contacts who will only charge for materials, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a kit on the market already so i dont waste anyones time. I will fab some and then post some pictures and a how-to once its all done. Thanks again.
          cant wait
          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

so are they used for air cooling of the rotors or something?

Comment

this can be something for those who get rid of their fogs and can put the huge hole to good use.

can not wait

Originally posted by visualpoet
              some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                so are they used for air cooling of the rotors or something?
                Yes, and you don't have to have the inlet be in the bumper necessarily.

Air swirling around the rotor is hotter, so it will pull cooler air through the ducting.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  Yes, and you don't have to have the inlet be in the bumper necessarily.

Air swirling around the rotor is hotter, so it will pull cooler air through the ducting.
                  i always wanted to try and route it to the gills on my fenders
                  2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                  August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I've seen a few brake duct DIYers out there, the one that came to mind was a guy who did it to his 95 Miata. Pic here . Didn't want to post it because it's a 1600x1200 pic.
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                      I've seen a few brake duct DIYers out there, the one that came to mind was a guy who did it to his 95 Miata. Pic here . Didn't want to post it because it's a 1600x1200 pic.
                      To increase effectiveness from this method, if you cut a hole in your dust shield the same diameter as your duct, then connect the two. The dust shield will act as a funnel then.
                      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We're slowly but surely getting more serious CB7 race cars out there... Hopefully more things like this will start happening!

I'm quite sure there are no kits available... but I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! If you come up with a good design, maybe you could present it to some of the companies that make decent CB7 products and see if they'd buy it from you. You'd make some money off of your work, and the CB7 tuning world will have a good new part!

Comment

DIY Brake Ducts

1. Buy cheap bumber lights off ebay
                          2. Pull the front of them off
                          3. Attach dryer ducting to the back of them
                          4. Cut hole in dust shield
                          5. Attach dryer ducting to the back of them

You don't need "contacts" to do this kind of thing man. If you spend more than $30 you are just wasting money.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Well the shop I would be using is an old friend of mine. He and I redesigned some EVO brake ducts and got them approved by the SCCA for T2 racing. Which isn't difficult, but making a brake kit that outflows the big companies out there for EVO's like AMS was a fun task to take on, which according to the math out flowed the AMS kit at the inlet and at the outlet. At 88MPH the AMS kit was seeing 2.8158CFS and ours produces 4.3997 CFS. At 145 AMS does 4.6397 CFS and ours produces 7.2495 CFS which is 56% more air. I want to model the CB7 kit off of the EVO kit also. Once I get to the shop I will post some pictures on here and see what you guys think. Basically my plan was to use stainless steel to make a new "dust shield", which will act like a funnel, channeling the the air from the ducting through the veins of the rotors to get an even cooling of the rotor, other wise you get cracking from over cooling one side and not the other. I wanted to try to use 2.5 inch piping, which is what we used on our EVO and a massive inlet to scoop as much of the air as possible.

The kit will look similar to this: http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...mance.com.html

I have a 92 accord, is I'll make a kit that fits that bumper if I can get my hands on a 90-91 bumper then I'll make inlets for that one too. Something tells me that 90-91 bumper will be better.

Comment

$474 for brake ducting!?!?! that's one way to throw away excess cash i suppose...
                              96 mx-6, needs work...
                              91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Working...
                              X