Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

aftermarket lightweight pully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aftermarket lightweight pully?

ok pretty much i need a different harmonic balancer, jy wants 65 for used so i was thinking just getting a lightweight aftermarket pulley but not sure if its a safe way to go on a stock f22 w auto tranny? Does a lightweight pulley work like a lightened flywheel?

my plan was to use the lightweight pulley on f22, until i swap my h22 in and then slap it on h22 since i got a 9lb fly with it the h22.

yeah less rotational mass and so you'll "regain" some power loss but i doubt it's much power to be had. i'd look else where or just save your money until you've had enough for your engine swap.

why do you think you need another harmonic balancer?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      yeah less rotational mass and so you'll "regain" some power loss but i doubt it's much power to be had. i'd look else where or just save your money until you've had enough for your engine swap.

Reduction in rotation weight is worth more then removing stationary weight on the car which is a good thing.

Comment

Some people have reported oil pump failure due to a lightweight crank pulley. I've had one on my H22 for about 7 years now with no problems (and lots of driving).

DO NOT get a cheap pulley, though. Unorthodox Racing is the only brand I would ever trust. If you get a cheap "ebay" pulley, it may not be properly balanced, which would very likely lead to engine damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post

the key slightly dug into the side where key slides in, nothing major, and when putting the pulley back on its wobbly so i dont really trust putting it back on, crank is fine.

I have the h22 sitting in my garage im just waiting on esp mounts to come in to start the swap.
          Last edited by cb7-tcakes; 12-28-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Oh lol. Yeah that would be a good reason to have another crank pulley installed especially if you need the motor to last just a little longer.

Good choice on going with the ESP mounts. I used them in my 5sp conversion.

Comment

i put a UR crank pully on my a6 when i rebuilt it and the pully rubbed like crazy and ate a hole in my brand new lower timing cover.. I took the pully off and the back of it looks like a brake rotor does after the pads wear to bare metal..it was pretty rugged. I also noticed it wobbled like crazy when i had it installed even after i torqued and re-torqued it.. just my 2 cent

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r View Post
                i put a UR crank pully on my a6 when i rebuilt it and the pully rubbed like crazy and ate a hole in my brand new lower timing cover.. I took the pully off and the back of it looks like a brake rotor does after the pads wear to bare metal..it was pretty rugged. I also noticed it wobbled like crazy when i had it installed even after i torqued and re-torqued it.. just my 2 cent
                guess ill just go with stock then, good to know for future upgrades though.

Comment

i've been looking for an crank pulley for an f22 but no luck i search UnorthodoxRacing.com but they don't make for f22ax, does the h22a1/a4 fits f22ax?

Comment

i think they discontinued it. the one for the h should fit
                    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                      i think they discontinued it. the one for the h should fit
                      anyone know for sure because i was thinking of buying the h one to use on my f but wasnt sure about fitment.

Comment

The H one will fit. The belt width will be different, though.

Comment

what causes crank pullys to wobble???
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                            what causes crank pullys to wobble???
                            crank bolt decided to come lose, pull over to the side and i see my hb rattling back and forth and that caused the inside of the hb to be a little messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r View Post
                              You'd be surprised how many stock motors have grooves worn into the timing belt cover with stock crank pulleys...
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X