Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

out of gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of gas?

ok so i was just warming up my car then 3mins later i see the rpm starts jumping up and down and starts struggling between 1500-850 then 1500-400 then it just turned off, i tried to start it, the engine would turn over but and start but only for a second, my gas gauge is just right in the middle line of E, and my gas light havent turned on, i never drove my car on empty before but i know you still got another 20 or so miles before the gas light turns on, now my car is stuck over my friends house and idk what is causing it not to start, do i just need to put gas on it? and its parked on a down hill if that matters.

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
    Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Originally posted by CB7_213 View Post
    ok so i was just warming up my car then 3mins later i see the rpm starts jumping up and down and starts struggling between 1500-850 then 1500-400 then it just turned off, i tried to start it, the engine would turn over but and start but only for a second, my gas gauge is just right in the middle line of E, and my gas light havent turned on, i never drove my car on empty before but i know you still got another 20 or so miles before the gas light turns on, now my car is stuck over my friends house and idk what is causing it not to start, do i just need to put gas on it? and its parked on a down hill if that matters.
    If its parked down hill, don't expect the car to turn on without gas due to the gas being foward instead of being leveled, Its common phychological sense, put a gallon or two so you can run to the gas station and pump more gas, don't crank your car without putting a bit of gas. You'll mess up your fuel pump and injectors...if you put gas and it dosen't turn on, then the fuel pump is dead my friend....

Comment

oh ok thanks alot, i just wanted to confirm it.

MEMBERS RIDE.

Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

oh ok thanks alot, i just wanted to confirm it.
        No problem mang

Comment

u got 4 gallons left when the gas light turns on. so if our cars get 32mpg x 4= 128 miles till empty
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

yea i think my car doesnt get 32mpg lol, but i get what ur saying.

MEMBERS RIDE.

Comment

thats sucks man, hopefully you don't have to replace the fuel pump, the cb holds about 17 gallons of fuel, whenever i get to empty and fill it up it stops at 13 gallons, that means you have about 4 gallons of gas left after your light turns on, and you should be getting fuel even if your downhill, if you were uphill maybe not. so it might be something else.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Release the e brake and roll that shit to the bottom of the hill...then try and start it lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

i drive my car about 50-60 miles after the light comes on usually..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                    Release the e brake and roll that shit to the bottom of the hill...then try and start it lol.
                    lol thats what i did today hahah

MEMBERS RIDE.

Comment

lol thats what i did today hahah
                      ahh did it work?

Cappuccino Accord Member #19

Bought From:ktcb7

Comment

Not to insult you or anything but... Why didnt you just get more gas for it if thats what you thought the problem was?

Comment

OK here are a few things to check:

1. Put more gas in the car, see if it will start.
                          2. Can you hear the pump when the you turn the key?
                          3. Check if the ECU is not loosing it's ground? (the bottom bolt on the thermostat housing)
                          4. Check the main relay. (Under the driver side dashboard)

one time mine ran out of gas, i had to put 3 gallons in it make it start again!

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                            If its parked down hill, don't expect the car to turn on without gas due to the gas being foward instead of being leveled, Its common phychological sense, put a gallon or two so you can run to the gas station and pump more gas, don't crank your car without putting a bit of gas. You'll mess up your fuel pump and injectors...if you put gas and it dosen't turn on, then the fuel pump is dead my friend....
                            Good advice, I was gonna say get some starting fluid and spray a ton of that shit in there, it would run the car for a second till you got it off the hill. lol
                            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Working...
                            X