Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much Power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much Power?

Hey guys how much HP should i expect from a bore with internals plus cams on a JDM F22B DOHC/H23A? just wonderind if it would be worth the money? any suggestions?

There's not very much info there bud

What are the internals?
    What kind of cams?

Those are very broad statements and can greatly impact the numbers

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

sorry 91 kid. like new rods and pistons. and then a mild cam like just enough for turbo but can run great NA. better?

Comment

It really depends on what the specs are for what you're putting in there. Forged pistons and rods with a higher compression ratio (CR)? or a stock CR build for turbo down the road?

Also, what size turbo do you plan on using? When making your cam selection, you should definitely look into what turbo you're going to be running. The right cam and the right turbo together will be FAR better than too small of a cam with too big of a turbo or vis versa.

All that being said, A built motor won't make much more than stock unless it's got a CR that's quite a bit higher. Since you mentioned turbo, I would assume you're talking about a rebuild that's relatively close to stock. Adding a decent sized cam (somewhere in the 260 range) will add a good amount of ponies up top and should keep your mid-range pretty strong. Expect some losses in the low-range, though, especially if you get a cam much larger than 262.

However, you're not going to make any more power than stock unless you've got some sort of tuning/engine management in there somewhere. The stock ECU can compensate for close to stock CR (not much more than stock, because your fuel maps and such are not set for premium fuel and a higher CR), but it's not going to be able to handle a decent-sized cam.

Comment

Not nearly enough
          750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
          realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Tuning is the most important part

Comment

Asking this question is like asking "How much power can I expect from a car with an engine and a transmission?"

Give specifics. If you don't know any specifics, then learn. Figure out what you want in your engine. In the process, you will probably be able to answer your own question.

Comment

now i currently race my ford focus.
                but i did do quite a bit of racing from drag to track/handling.
                so i would think i would need more low and midrange for the cams and get maybe like a 60 trim turbo?
                i want it to be around 300whp.
                im also getting a 5 speed that im rebuilding to put the power down.

Comment

does anyone have a setup with the lower-midrange power with a turbo also?

Comment

Working...
                  X