Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

newb to cb7 f20a info needed/wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newb to cb7 f20a info needed/wanted

ok i bought a 93 ex with a f20a swapped in it i believe the previous owner had a shop do it got most the major kinks out now looking for some performance i got a short ram on it i have a header for a f-series awating install with a new non rice exhaust. so specs or links would be great also have a idle/ oil pressure light issue that occurs regularly stop at light light comes on or flashes goes away if i drive or stays flashing if i sit though a full light this all started when i repaired the missing end from the sender with one from a harness i bought at a junkyard.. sorry for the raambling hopefully people can help me out

SOHC or DOHC? You need the ECU for that engine which is the PT2, or you could run a PT6, even though it's not the "right" way to go about it. You should probably get a chipped P06 and have it tuned.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

SOHC runs fine it seems not sure what ecu i have never looked the ecu should be under the passenger footwell like most hondas right????

Comment

more info wanted ???? anyone only info i know from wikipedia
        F20A
        This engine series was used in the Honda Accords in Japan and Europe. The DOHC F20A was also derived from this engine (see below).

Specifications

Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 88.0 mm
        Displacement: 1997 cc
        Compression ratio : 9.5:1
        Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves
        Max output : F20A2 / F20A8 110 PS @ 6000 rpm (PGM-carb)
        Max output : F20A4 133 PS @ 5400 rpm (PGM-Fi)
        Max output : F20A5 150 Ps @ 5400 rpm (PGM-Fi)
        Max output : F20A7 135 PS @ 5600 rpm (PGM-Fi)
        Max torque : F20A2 / F20A4 / F20A8 18.5 kg m @ 4300 rpm (PGM-Fi), 16.1 kg m @ 3800 rpm (PGM-carb)
        Max torque : F20A7 19.3 kg m @ 4400 rpm (PGM-Fi)
        Fuel consumption (Japan Combined Cycle) : 9.6 km/l (PGM-Fi), 9.8 km/l (PGM-carb)
        This engine also spawned many variants, according to market, but the specs remain largely similar, The F20A5 it's used in the Cb3 and Cb4 Chassis

The F20A7 is only used in the european "Accord Coupé 92-93" CC1 chassis as unique motorisation.

Comment

Yes, the ECU is under the passenger footwell.

What F20A do you have? Is there a number after the code? Should be stamped on a square area to the left of the exhaust manifold. I believe the SOHC versions were all 135hp or less... you don't have the 150hp version, I'm quite sure. If it's a JDM engine, it probably won't have a number after F20A.

For the most part, it's pretty fair to say that it's a 2.0L version of the F22A. Compare your intake manifold to the F22A1 (all US DX and LX models), and the F22A6 (92-93 EX models, and all SE models). Check out the Members Rides section for good pictures for comparison. If you have a manifold similar to the F22A1, then the F22A6 manifold would be an upgrade for you (even better, the H23 intake manifold).

Any serious upgrade parts you could want for your engine can be found at Bisimoto.com.

Comment

yeah its a true jdm motor cause the number on the casting stamp is just f20a and i have been looking at possibly a cam from bisimoto for it as my next major upgrade after lowering it and here is a pic of its intake manifold

my intake looks similiar to the a1 intake so a h23 with stack spacers and removed butterflies with a h22 tb might be my next junkyard finds problem is not many hondas or acuras in the j/y in south dakota
            Last edited by my1stcb7; 01-03-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Yes, the ECU is under the passenger footwell.

What F20A do you have? Is there a number after the code? Should be stamped on a square area to the left of the exhaust manifold. I believe the SOHC versions were all 135hp or less... you don't have the 150hp version, I'm quite sure. If it's a JDM engine, it probably won't have a number after F20A.

For the most part, it's pretty fair to say that it's a 2.0L version of the F22A. Compare your intake manifold to the F22A1 (all US DX and LX models), and the F22A6 (92-93 EX models, and all SE models). Check out the Members Rides section for good pictures for comparison. If you have a manifold similar to the F22A1, then the F22A6 manifold would be an upgrade for you (even better, the H23 intake manifold).

Any serious upgrade parts you could want for your engine can be found at Bisimoto.com.
              thats definetly true but don't be discouraged by it. The one thing about these that i don't like is that is hard to tell which f20a came with 135hp because there is no number that follows after the "A" in f20a. The torque that comes with them is amazing. Second thing to go along with it, is that ( i dont know if it's the same for the USDM f-series) they tend to be kind of rev happy IMO. this is based off of my experience. like compared some other simple imports. this is one of the few so called 'underated" engines that perform so damn well (and i use perform as an all-round word. meaning in ALL conditions of driving). What i've notice, well atleast here in jamaica was that most of the F20a's here came with 100-120. only one guy i know has the one with 135. anywayz. Welcome to the site bro

JA-CB3
              '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

^^Holy huge sig man.^^
                Originally posted by chessboxer
                We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post
                  thats definetly true but don't be discouraged by it. The one thing about these that i don't like is that is hard to tell which f20a came with 135hp because there is no number that follows after the "A" in f20a. The torque that comes with them is amazing. Second thing to go along with it, is that ( i dont know if it's the same for the USDM f-series) they tend to be kind of rev happy IMO. this is based off of my experience. like compared some other simple imports. this is one of the few so called 'underated" engines that perform so damn well (and i use perform as an all-round word. meaning in ALL conditions of driving). What i've notice, well atleast here in jamaica was that most of the F20a's here came with 100-120. only one guy i know has the one with 135. anywayz. Welcome to the site bro

JA-CB3
                  They don't have all that much torque... less than the F22A... but they do rev higher. That's the great thing about the smaller displacement engines. They tend to be rev happy. Of course, the powerband is usually a bit higher as well.
                  The head is pretty much the same (if not identical) to the F22A... and that flows VERY well if you open up the exhaust ports a bit. That head has AMAZING performance potential.

And jamaicancb3, please make your sig smaller. The limit is 300 pixels high, and 800 pixels wide. Yours is 800 tall and 600 wide.

Comment

I also got that jdm f20a but its a dam auto... will the dsm set up fit it as well? I got smoked by my boys f22a6 auto. Should I just sell the car and buy a stick f22a6?

Comment

Working...
                    X