Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bisimoto level 2 piston to valve clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto level 2 piston to valve clearance

I've just received my bisimoto stage 2 cam for me f22a6. Straight to the point, most people would recommend to check piston to valve clearance after installing the cam, but I wanted to avoid taking the head off. I don't have a lot of time on my hands and this seems like it gonna be a 4hr job. Have you guys with the 92 accord had any problems with piston to valve clearance with the bisi cam? Should I take the time to check. I though I'd save time by asking others if they have done the same thing and that any valve adjustment was neccessary.
    Thanks a lot. Merry x-mas

at 8.8 to 1 compression ratio

-15.60 cc dome

i doubt you'll hit the piston, even with the most lift possible cam available

so, no your good to go
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I really don't think that that's good advice. I can design you a piston that has a huge -cc dish and could pile drive those valves at modest lifts/durations.

The F22A piston valve reliefs are really not that big. I would at the very least do a mock up in the car to see if it's worth pulling the head. Pull the OE cam and pop the valvetrain off an intake valve and an exhaust valve and replace the springs with very light ones that you can move easily by hand. Then assemble the rest of the valve train and install the timing belt. Rotate the crank gently by hand and use your fingers to see how much room is left on the intake and exhaust If at any point you can only move the valves a couple millimeters (or less) before it hits either another valve or a piston then it's probably a good idea to pull the head and clay the engine to verify you have adequate clearance. If you have plenty of clearance then reassemble all the valvetrain and retune and carry on.

If it were me (and I know it's not) I'd find a way to increase the compression and install a decent header/exhaust on that engine to take advantage of a decent cam instead of just building a piecemeal engine. Assemble all the parts for a one-time, well thought out build and do it all at once.

-P
      VTEC G27? = ???whp ???wtq
      VTEC G23 = 220whp 191wtq
      nonVTEC G23 = 200whp 183wtq
      K24 iVTEC hybrid = 260whp 210wtq

Comment

It's not the "professional" route, but...

If your stock valvetrain is not in good condition and inspected for good, then support this mod with Bisimoto upgraded valve springs.

Assuming your cylinder head has no history of milling, you should be fine for P to V clearance. I know of a few installing this camshaft on stock block.

Set the camshaft to 0 degrees or if using stock cam gear, set it like a stock timing belt job. Lube cam journals and lube generously with good engine assembly lube. Reassemble, set valve lash to .009" INT/.011" EXH.

Remove spark plugs, turn engine over slowly by hand and feel for any binding.

You will need to tune this engine when camshaft installed. Get it done ASAP.

You should atleast have I/H/E and H23 IM swap with this camshaft. I'd even explore a bored TB. This all should be affordable and worth it. If you have money to burn, then add a ported head as well.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMcFred View Post
          If it were me (and I know it's not) I'd find a way to increase the compression and install a decent header/exhaust on that engine to take advantage of a decent cam instead of just building a piecemeal engine. Assemble all the parts for a one-time, well thought out build and do it all at once.

-P
          I like this guy.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
            I like this guy.
            i would have to agree. lack of compression kills hp.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

when i put in a cam i put in new springs also ..i think you have to take the head off to do that .. i would cams are not cheep

Comment

Nice, you got a cam. But remember, without a tune that cam is pretty much worthless.
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  It's not the "professional" route, but...

If your stock valvetrain is not in good condition and inspected for good, then support this mod with Bisimoto upgraded valve springs.

Assuming your cylinder head has no history of milling, you should be fine for P to V clearance. I know of a few installing this camshaft on stock block.

Set the camshaft to 0 degrees or if using stock cam gear, set it like a stock timing belt job. Lube cam journals and lube generously with good engine assembly lube. Reassemble, set valve lash to .009" INT/.011" EXH.

Remove spark plugs, turn engine over slowly by hand and feel for any binding.

You will need to tune this engine when camshaft installed. Get it done ASAP.

You should atleast have I/H/E and H23 IM swap with this camshaft. I'd even explore a bored TB. This all should be affordable and worth it. If you have money to burn, then add a ported head as well.

Out of all the people posting, this is the guy you should DEFINITELY be listening to. He's quite the guru.
                  R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

yeah you should do it right the first time just pop the head off and clay it

Comment

Working...
                    X