Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust Manifold Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Manifold Dilemma

Hello Everyone!

So, I have a 1992 Accord EX and for a while now I've been planning to redo my exhaust system. I decided instead of buying an aftermarket header that I would go with the exhaust manifold off of a f22a4 since it's a little less ugly than the a6's, and it'd be cheaper and more reliable than aftermarket (for the price). Now here's the problem. I took my heat shield off today only to discover I had the tubular designed one from the a4 and not the cast one from the a6. Now my engine should be an a6 since its an ex. Anyone got any ideas to what could be going on? Thanks in advance.

the engin says a6 on it right? and look for the date that it was made? cuz it could have been made in 91 and they just used one or something
    back at it again

Comment

Where does the engine say a6 on it? I took a quick look around but a lot of my labels have crud on them (I live in Michigan).

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodlove View Post
        Where does the engine say a6 on it? I took a quick look around but a lot of my labels have crud on them (I live in Michigan).
        net to the plug on the front that covers the flywheel veiwer on the engine block or you can tell by the intake mani

post up a pic of the engine
        back at it again

Comment

Sorry about the quality, it's already getting dark out. And my phone takes crappy pictures. Anyways, I found that label and naturally it says f22A... The rest is illegible since it wore off. Anything else I could check for?

Comment

that sir is a reg cast iron f22a6 heeder nice and cracked too lol

yeah you dont have a a4 on it right now man lol
            back at it again

Comment

Really. wtf. All the pictures I look at of replacement ones they all look like this:

Comment

Really. wtf. All the pictures I look at of replacement ones they all look like this:
                nope that is lx dx man lol
                back at it again

Comment

Arghh...all those websites are usless then. What happens when someone actually buys one of those thinking it will fit? So, what do I do now?

Comment

Arghh...all those websites are usless then. What happens when someone actually buys one of those thinking it will fit? So, what do I do now?
                    you can go to the local junk yard or salvage yard and look for a 9091 ex or se and snag the header aint hard to do man

and with the ebay headers they are kin odd to put in man you have to move the ac line over to get it in lol
                    back at it again

Comment

Well my local junkyards are useless. The guys know nothing there and never have anything for my car. So basically I'm left buying oem for $5 billion dollars or trying my luck at an ebay header. Any other routes I could take?

Comment

Well my local junkyards are useless. The guys know nothing there and never have anything for my car. So basically I'm left buying oem for $5 billion dollars or trying my luck at an ebay header. Any other routes I could take?
                        umm idk man you may have to go with a ebay one or get 30 posts and look in the cb7tuner classifieds lol
                        back at it again

Comment

Well I'll probably go the ebay route since I'm near broke and I can get the header and front pipe which is what my car needs right now. Thnaks for the help on all this newbish-ness.

Edit:
                          Is the exhaust manifold attached by just nuts? Like, are there fixed studs coming out of the engine and the exhaust manifold slides over them and then is torqued down with the nuts or am I missing something?
                          Last edited by Bloodlove; 12-21-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Well I'll probably go the ebay route since I'm near broke and I can get the header and front pipe which is what my car needs right now. Thnaks for the help on all this newbish-ness.
                            it's cool man i'm glad to help lol

yeah just be carefull with the ebay ones man and dont use the gasket they give you with it to mount it to the head
                            back at it again

Comment

Just get an ebay stainless steel header. The only reason being its stainless steel so you never have to worry about it rusting again.

Comment

Working...
                              X