Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Any Gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Gains?

Hi guys just wondering if was to do a cold air intake with 3inch piping, custome exhaust with 2.25inch piping and the megan header would i get a decent gain? Not looking for much just that little bit extra till i buy my second car then i'll start building this one up. Also would i need a tune for this?

You'll pick up a little more power. If you pick up more than 15 whp from everything you listed I'll be surprised. Make sure to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, so it can learn to breathe better through the new pipes.

Comment

yeah. i mean dont think you'll get like a 40hp gain from it. at most with the CAI, header and exhaust, you'll probably get a 10-13hp gain. thats IF your motor is healthy. you wont need a tune for those either. but if you bought a chipped p06 ECU and got it tuned, it would help your motor make better use of those mods and future ones to come

but you will notice the car accelerates smoother, throttle response improves and if your like me, you'll be able to actually feel the motor breath better.

Comment

Which engine do you have? If you have the A1 or A4 you can get some more power by swapping out the ecu, intake manifold, and cam. Here's a link to the thread about it if you haven't read it yet. You can find everything at the junk yard so it'll be fairly cheap power too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Even if you have an A6 with those parts already on it you could look for the P12 ECU that comes in a Prelude and people have said that it adds close to 10hp.

Comment

if you have a a1 or a4 you should really do the a6 cam. it really does make a diference

Comment

brandoncb7- dont you mean p14? dont want to get this guy confused.

Comment

Originally posted by hellajdm1023 View Post
              No, he doesn't.

The p14 came in the H23 'ludes. Completely useless if the OP is running an F22.
              Originally posted by chessboxer
              We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
              Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by hellajdm1023 View Post
                Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
                No, he doesn't.

The p14 came in the H23 'ludes. Completely useless if the OP is running an F22.
                HA HA!!!

J/J lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                  Which engine do you have? If you have the A1 or A4 you can get some more power by swapping out the ecu, intake manifold, and cam. Here's a link to the thread about it if you haven't read it yet. You can find everything at the junk yard so it'll be fairly cheap power too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Even if you have an A6 with those parts already on it you could look for the P12 ECU that comes in a Prelude and people have said that it adds close to 10hp.
                  I'd stick with the pt6 if I had an a6. It's already tuned for the a6 cam, and has the actuator circuit for the butterflies. I don't think the p12 is going to be an upgrade for the a6.

Comment

Keep the PT6 if you have an EX. An intake and exhaust isn't going to do much, but you'll feel a difference in throttle response.

There is a thread on gaining 30 hp for $500 or less thats stickyd. I'll let you look for it.
                    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      I'd stick with the pt6 if I had an a6. It's already tuned for the a6 cam, and has the actuator circuit for the butterflies. I don't think the p12 is going to be an upgrade for the a6.
                      Isn't there another way to hook up the butterflies? Even so I guess it would be better to either use the pt6 and the a6 cam or the p12 without the a6 cam.

Comment

Originally posted by BLKWLF View Post
                        Hi guys just wondering if was to do a cold air intake with 3inch piping, custome exhaust with 2.25inch piping and the megan header would i get a decent gain? Not looking for much just that little bit extra till i buy my second car then i'll start building this one up. Also would i need a tune for this?
                        A very cost effective way to gain power is a Bisimoto heat shield gasket. It will provide you with a 3% increase in hp to the wheels, not to mention, it is reusable so it will pay for itself. The price is $48 with free shipping in the continental US. This is a very cost effective fashion, to increase hp. It will make a great Christmas gift for any cb7 enthusiast.
                        Bisimoto Engineering
                        1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                        2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                        3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

i would go with custom exhaust with 2.50inch piping not the 2.25 http://www.kgsengineering.com/megan-...rd-p-4425.html
                          and this header http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142189 i`m getting this header
                          also read this http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
                          Last edited by Teddy; 12-18-2009, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I started a thread similar to this a while back-but I've gone from SRI to CAI, and now back to the stockbox with a K&N drop-in. Didn't notice a huge difference, but having an A6 IM and header is def. nice glad I didn't have to add them later

You'll notice a nice deal of throttle response with a nice exhaust system, say, 2.25" or something imo 2.5" is too big for our cars unless on fi. The aftermarket intakes make a nice sound, but I never really noticed much of difference

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
                              A very cost effective way to gain power is a Bisimoto heat shield gasket. It will provide you with a 3% increase in hp to the wheels, not to mention, it is reusable so it will pay for itself. The price is $48 with free shipping in the continental US. This is a very cost effective fashion, to increase hp. It will make a great Christmas gift for any cb7 enthusiast.
                              i was just going to recommend this.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Working...
                              X