Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What's wrong with my clutch/tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift cables or cable mount on the motor?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7f20b View Post
      shift cables or cable mount on the motor?
      x2
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I got a chance to take a closer look at things today. The master clutch cylinder fluid level is good, but there is a small amount of leakage under the dash. I had someone step on the clutch while I took a peek in the engine bay. There are no signs of leakage in the hydraulic system but I noticed that the slave is not actuating. Is it possible that either the master or slave could be the root of the problem?

Comment

I like going through the entire system as a whole. System = The process of movement. Example. You heard a snap so working from the wheels backwards doing the easiest stuff first you can inspect your wheels and axles to see if anything broke. Next check the transmission. If you can push the car while the shifter is in some gear, will the car roll? If not then the transmission is in a gear, you will want to check the shifter cables by having someone sit inside the cab and move the shifter while you watch the linkages on your transmission, if the shifter linkage move and the transmission shifter forks move then you want to try and move the shifter into a neutral position which will allow the car to roll freely. IF the shifter won't budge remove the linkages from the transmission and see if the shifter will move. If it does then you will need to remove the transmission and fix it or take it to a shop to be serviced. Moving on to other things you can check is the clutch line and clutch fork. With someone in the car stepping on the clutch pedal watch the slave cylinder for movement against the clutch fork. The fork should move a noticeable amount and not leak. Ask your assistant to hold the clutch pedal down and look for any pressure drop, the clutch fork will start to move back to the original position. If the fork moves freely with no leaks on either end of the system (clutch pedal to clutch fork) then it has nothing to do with your issue.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
            x2
            Please do not do that. If you have nothing to add, simply don't post.

Originally posted by des0ne View Post
            I got a chance to take a closer look at things today. The master clutch cylinder fluid level is good, but there is a small amount of leakage under the dash. I had someone step on the clutch while I took a peek in the engine bay. There are no signs of leakage in the hydraulic system but I noticed that the slave is not actuating. Is it possible that either the master or slave could be the root of the problem?
            If the slave isn't doing anything, then there is definitely an issue somewhere. If your fluid is good, then you may have air in your lines. Try bleeding the system. Of course, if there is leakage, it'd be best to just replace both master and slave (it's easier to do both at the same time... if one is bad, the other can't be far behind). If there's a leak, and something letting air in, it's going to do it again if you don't replace the components.

Have you done anything recently that may have damaged a line? That's the only other possible explanation, other than a bad cylinder.

Comment

i may be wrong im not sure but if your master or slave was bad then your pedal should stay to the floor right?

life is as good as you make it. So forget what people say and do what makes you happy

Comment

It sounds like an axle for the following reasons.
                1) It broke in first gear while leaving the parking lot. Which means you were prob turning and accelerating which puts alot of stress on the axles.
                2)The speedo increases when the car is in gear. If the clutch were smoked it wouldnt turn the transmission.
                3)The slave and master works to disengauge the engine from driving the trans. If either of them failed and the car was in any gear, the problem would be that the car wouldnt want to stop because the clutch wouldnt be able to disengauge the engine. Also the car would lurch forward if the car was started in gear with a bad master/slave.
                4)Also ^ the pedal would be low or fall to the floor if there were a leak.

My CB7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=phalpin

Comment

Working...
                X