Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cai?

If i buy a a CAI off ebay and put a different filter such as K & N would this still enhance my performance or will it not due to the ebay pipe?

yes. a pipe is a pipe
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

A "cold air intake" is still a cold air intake, as long as its not in the engine bay, it called a "cold air intake"

But in my opinion I would go for just a short ram...
      But a CAI is also good.

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
        A "cold air intake" is still a cold air intake, as long as the filter is not in the engine bay, it called a "cold air intake"

But in my opinion I would go for just a short ram...
        But a CAI is also good.
        Fixed.

x2 on the short ram, or get a bypass valve.
        Originally posted by chessboxer
        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

I was looking on ebay for a short ram but i couldn't find one. Question.. which is better though a short ram or a cold air intake? which sounds and performs better?

Comment

Originally posted by ASTCB7 View Post
            I was looking on ebay for a short ram but i couldn't find one. Question.. which is better though a short ram or a cold air intake? which sounds and performs better?
            Any two piece cold air intake can become a short ram. Just stick the filter on the end of the upper pipe.

As far as which is better, in my opinion the short ram. With a full CAI, you run the risk of sucking up water into the motor since the filter will be sitting in front of the tire close to the ground. A water bypass valve helps with this, but I've heard stories of massive puddles getting sucked up through them.

From what I can remember from the brief time I had a full CAI, you can hardly hear it. My short ram is loud as hell though.
            Originally posted by chessboxer
            We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
            Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by ASTCB7 View Post
              Lol. Short ram intakes are all over ebay.

Both do the same job.

I believe the short ram intake sounds better. Also, the cold air intake poses a threat if you live in an area where it rains a lot. You can hydro lock.

Comment

Just get a 2-piece cold air intake off of ebay and you can have either one you want.

Comment

oh louder? nice are you rocking a ebay short ram?

Comment

A pipe is a pipe. Any engineering that has gone into the pipe design would get you MAYBE 1hp... not a big deal. Get a good filter to keep your engine safe, and you'll be good with either.

Comment

i have a cold air. i love it. haven't had any problems
                      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Just be careful. I've had a CAI since 2003, and I live in the swamplands. I just don't drive through any big puddles. I stick to roads I know in the rain, though. Unknown roads can have puddles deeper than they seem, and that will fry your engine if you go deep enough.

Comment

Bypass valve FTW! I've never ran anything except for a CAI and haven't ever had any problems but I also pay attention. Just be careful.

Comment

I'll just add my 2cents in here...Not quite sure of the "performance gains" over a stockbox especially on a CB7 are significant from an SRI or CAI. They help a tiny bit, in terms of maybe improving throttle response, but since having my CAI in, and then going back to the OEM stanley setup, I haven't noticed much of a difference at all (at least not enough to make me want to waste $40 on another eBay CAI anyway). IMO they're just there to sound cool. A good drop-in filter, is enough to suffice.

life is good.

Comment

They're a fun mod that's perfect for getting your feet wet in modding your CB, they make your engine bay look nicer, produce a cool sound, and give you some minor throttle response improvement. I'd say it's worth it to get a Short ram or a CAI.

Personally I'm rocking an eBay Short ram and I love it. Here's a link.
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...item1c08a1bec1

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                              I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Working...
                              X