Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

10w40 safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10w40 safe?

I just did a oil change on the accord, and utilized 10w40 per a buddy of mine who stated itd be better for the engine, i actually feel a better response from the motor, could this be due to the thicker oil?

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK
    L M F A O !! Here's some advice: if you want to run 14's, don't sit at the light for 3 seconds after it turns green.

Its all in your head. dont gain any performance from changing the oil.

Comment

At least according to what some people told me, putting thicker oil on an older engines is recommended. Since it is less likely to leak if the gaskets or seals are deteriorated.
      But that's about it.
      Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
      Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

It is definitely in your head. Just like when you get a new bolt on like an intake, it's really not much of a noticeable gain, but you'd think your car felt like it was boosted.
        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

placebo effect
          1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
          C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
          MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
          ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
          You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

10w40 is going to kill performance, your buttdyno must be broken.
            wat?

Comment

Really?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                Really?
                Thicker oil more resistance.
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                  Thicker oil more resistance.
                  True but thats not me.
                  I have to stick to what I'm use to.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                    True but thats not me.
                    I have to stick to what I'm use to.
                    5w-30
                    wat?

Comment

i dont remember which gran turismo it was, but if you changed the oil, it gave you another ~5-10hp.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                        5w-30
                        yeah, thats what I used and full synthetic.
                        First owner, second owner, and me.

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
                          i dont remember which gran turismo it was, but if you changed the oil, it gave you another ~5-10hp.
                          lol 3 & 4

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

What is a Multi-Viscosity Oil
                            So which oil is better? Heavy or light weight oil? Fortunately, multi-viscosity oils serve the purpose of having the best characteristics of both. A designation of 10W30, means that the oil has a lower viscosity rating (good in colder temperatures) and resists temperature breakdown like a 30 weight. By the way, the W designation on the label stands for "winter use," not weight.

Multi-viscosity oils may seem like the perfect solution, but there is a trade-off. All oils will break down when exposed to heat. Whether a synthetic motor oil or regular motor oil, the additives (called polymers) used to create multi-viscosity oils have been shown to leave harmful deposits when they break down.

Perfectly fine, justs resist temperature alittle better

BTW has anybody ever tried 0w20???
                            Last edited by rayray91; 12-14-2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Good Ol' Castrol 5w 30!

1992 Lx Sedan, b18 obd1 swap (swaping trans)
                              1993 Ex Sedan, f23 sohc vtech swap (totaled by an excursion )
                              1991 Ex Coupe (New Daily Driver)
                              1984 300zx Turbo (drift car)

Comment

Working...
                              X