Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

VERY BAD oil leak help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY BAD oil leak help

There is oil dripping at a very fast rate from the back of my Cb's engine down onto the engine pipe.I left the car running in my driveway for about 45 mins and lost at least a 1/4 of a quart of oil.I have yet to look at it but I'm assuming it's the oil pressure switch.My rear main seal leaks but never this bad.Any advice?
    I know....I'm gunna lower it

Which engine do you have? If you have the a6 then it could be the oil cooler o ring.

Comment

a1

Comment

by engine pipe, do you mean water pipe.

black pipe that goes from water pump to thermostat?

just curious if this is where your oil is.
        there is a plug for your balance shaft in the rear. make sure all wholes are bolted up.
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

could be oil filter, oil sender, head gasket or rear main ..also check spark plugs to

Comment

no the exaust pipe

Comment

Hey do you change your own oil? Did you have a gasket stick on the oil filter housing then put another filter on top? Is the filter loose? Just stuff to check.

My CB7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=phalpin

Comment

Originally posted by phalpin View Post
                Hey do you change your own oil? Did you have a gasket stick on the oil filter housing then put another filter on top? Is the filter loose? Just stuff to check.
                x2

diagnose the whole area.
                • put the car up on jacks
                • clean it up
                • put a piece of cardboard underneath
                • check where the oil is coming from

problem solved

Originally posted by visualpoet
                some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

definitly wash the area, there is no reason for speculation it would be hard to guess. Just get that baby up on those jackstands, wash it, and run it again. If it's bad it should be easy to tell, if you are really having a hard time seeing the oil run down, get one of those oil leak detectors, they are like a buck each.. it's a dye that turns a certain color/illuminates with light if it touches oil*. area has to be cleaned thoroughly though.

Comment

From my reading and experience this can only be 2 things.

1) Oil cooler ring (easy job $15 - $20 and 1 hour max once you got the tools out and car up)

2) Oil Sender ($15 to $40 depending on used or new and again 1 hour)

Likely to be the oil cooler since it sounds like a strong leak.

If its not the oil cooler i suggest you change it anyway since its old now and known to give way also. Cheap anyway.
                    Rides:

Accord
                    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

A1 doesn't have an oil cooler unless he put one in from another engine.

an oil cooler o-ring is only 3 bucks from Honda even then that's over priced for a small ring of rubber.

I think the OP should use Juan4DCB7's suggestion and get under there to find the culprit.

maybe it's the oil pan gasket because i did mine not too long ago but only applied sealant around the corners, when i started my engine, it would shoot oil out near the "stiffener bracket" for the transmission.

Comment

Working...
                      X