Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Mysterious Electrical Wire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mysterious Electrical Wire??

Okay. When I purchased my car... the previous owner did a few things to it that I'm not sure what their objective or purpose was. There's a white wire that is connected somewhere inside the engine bay(presumably the engine) to a spot up under the dash. I've a 92 coupe btw.. After starting the engine...and having the key in the on position.. I've noticed that I can turn the key back to what should be just Aux power..(1 position down on the ignition from started....makes sense??) and the car is still driveable and etc.. Only difference I can tell is that the if the car sits in this mysterious position long enough.. The blowers begin to blow the cold air..(or wahtever air is available outside...) meaning the engine isn't warming up the air anymore.. Kinda like if you had the aux power on with the blowers on ...

Now if I turn the car off... And put the key in Aux position then the car is like normal.. It just turn on the radio and etc.. Not the engine and everything else.

Hopes this makes sense.. lol

Your car should'nt run in aux position. theres only one position that vehicles run, and thats the "run" position. I have no idea if this has anything to do with your mysterious wire, but its weird none the less. Some pictures of this wire would deffinitaly help figure out what it is.

Comment

best thing to do if ur good with wires just put everything back like it should
      thats why i made a thread about engine wiring so it can help other people out
      but some pics would help
      WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

hi i think it might be part of a remote start that was in your cb before

Comment

Yeah it sounds like the remote starter relay/s are connected incorrectly.

Comment

Well.. I'm not sure what to take a picture of... per se.. The wire is visible while looking up under the dash.. It disappears behind the vinyl..and it can be seen going out the bay through the space where there's the big bundle of wire.. It's too dark out now.. But at the high sun.. I'll take a picture of where it's going out in the engine bay.. (if i can find it..lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Samonoske View Post
              Only difference I can tell is that the if the car sits in this mysterious position long enough.. The blowers begin to blow the cold air..(or wahtever air is available outside...) meaning the engine isn't warming up the air anymore.. Kinda like if you had the aux power on with the blowers on ...
              What you're saying here is impossible. If the engine is running and the car has coolant, it's going to make warm air. Have you noticed if the AC fan engages under the hood when this happens?

My first thought was that you had some sort of turbo timer left over ( they let the car run for a few minutes to cool off the engine and snail to prevent cooling too quickly). After considering it though, I think you have some other electrical problems. Trace this mystery wire and find out what it's connected to. I can't imagine one wire causing the problems you have, unless it was stripped bare and causing several different shorts.

Comment

Working...
              X