Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

picking you brains..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay where i live it dropped down to 8 degrees my heater core froze. i drained my system put all new antifreez in it all fine and dany but heater core is still froze or plugged any advice just curious.. i heard there a yeah to pull out..

Comment

1) shifting without lifting off the gas is called "power shifting", and it's very bad.

2) Heater core. Why did it freeze? It should have antifreeze in it... 8 degrees shouldn't be cold enough to freeze it. If the heater core froze, other things, like your engine block, may have also frozen. If that happened, you may have a cracked block on your hands.

Have you ever put any "stop leak" stuff in your radiator?

Comment

I think he means his heater core clogged, but he assumed it froze. Well, I hope it didn't freeze, that would be bad.
        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

If it froze, there are probably much more serious problems at hand...

If it clogged (which is what I was getting at with the stop leak stuff), then it has to be replaced. BUT, other things probably aren't damaged, so that's good.

And yes, it's a pain in the ass.

Comment

Sure is, plan on ripping the dash apart.

Comment

damn. it was working until everything froze. my block it fine and no i didnt put any stop leak into it. really dont feel like tearing my dash apart.. uhg.

Comment

Did it freeze or clog? I'm pretty sure if it froze there has got to be more problems than just the heater core.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmguy91 View Post
                  damn. it was working until everything froze. my block it fine and no i didnt put any stop leak into it. really dont feel like tearing my dash apart.. uhg.
                  check your heater valve next to the firewall it has a cable on it ..it might have froze to

Comment

okay well i working on it in my garage, i just had water in it just testing my engine untill i got it running right.. well i went to bed with out draining my system woke up everythin was froze i freaked. took off all houses got the ice out of them then installed everything. i thought my block might be frozen but i was good. it runs good doesn't over heat or anything i got lucky. but my heater core never thoded out.. idk how to spell that..

Comment

okay well i working on it in my garage, i just had water in it just testing my engine untill i got it running right.. well i went to bed with out draining my system woke up everythin was froze i freaked. took off all houses got the ice out of them then installed everything. i thought my block might be frozen but i was good. it runs good doesn't over heat or anything i got lucky. but my heater core never thoded out.. idk how to spell that..
                      i use fire fox ..i can`t spell ..it`s got spell check bilt in to it .. hope it works out with out leaks

Comment

Ahhhh, I see now.

Comment

yeah it sucks lol..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            apologies...I didn't consider that flamming, but I'll tone it down. If the site owner says it's flamming then it's flamming.
                            Last edited by bcjammerx; 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM.
                            ____

Comment

Working...
                            X