Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

picking you brains..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picking you brains..

alright so i have a 92 accord lx 5speed f22a1. new bottom end new head gasket fresh tune up. stock.

i just got it running.. running pretty good. but when i accelerate 1 gear is fine, second at low rpms is sluggish lost of power(like it dies?) then picks up at power band, 3rd is bout same, 4the and 5th fine.. i don't have a cel. runs lil rich u can smell it. i don't race too much but if i want to i want the response like i know it has.. i've own quiet a bit accords and this is the first one that is sluggish at low rpms.. its werid.. where should i start.. besides my timing and tune up.. i've done that. i've been trying to read whats up but i don't see anything to my problem.. so i'm trying to pick ur guys brains lol.

"low rpm" doesn't tell us anything. The last guy that said that to me was shifting before 2k RPM.

Where exactly is it sluggish? Either you're shifting too early (this is a small 4 cylinder, not a V6 or V8... your driving should be done between 2k and 3k, no lower) or you have issues. Have you set your ignition timing correctly? Have you verified that your cam timing is on, and not off by a tooth?

Comment

I would verify the physical timing was set properly (timing belt set properly). Then, I would verify your base ignition timing is set properly. These all are no cost checks and can cause problems you described.

If not the above, I would verify your O2 sensor is working properly and/or replace it. NTK is the OEM brand for O2 sensors and can be had for half the price at dealer at www.summitracing.com
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        "low rpm" doesn't tell us anything. The last guy that said that to me was shifting before 2k RPM.

Where exactly is it sluggish? Either you're shifting too early (this is a small 4 cylinder, not a V6 or V8... your driving should be done between 2k and 3k, no lower) or you have issues. Have you set your ignition timing correctly? Have you verified that your cam timing is on, and not off by a tooth?
        i shift about 3k to 3,5k yes timing is dead on. had a mechanic look at that. my base timing it good. i have no cel on so i didn't think it could be my 02.. its sluggish from 2k to 3,5k.. bogs some. then picks back up.

Comment

maybe it's a sign that your cat is starting to get clogged?

Comment

Sounds like your EGR ports may be clogged.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

you DO have NGK plugs and wires correct?? and unless u put them in urself your mechanic will usually put in whatever the hell he has. so actually pull them out and look dont just say "ya thats what i got in there" just from here say
              i still say its a timing problem, could even be your distributor is not on mark.
              EGR is a possibility

Originally Posted by pedroalcala View Post
              "Vtec" IMO is.....worthless, you don't see Nissan, Toyota, VW, or even BMW having a such thing as "vtec" or some variable timming in their motors.

and toyota does have vtec. its called vtti. idk about nissan or the others.
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                "Vtec" IMO is.....worthless, you don't see Nissan, Toyota, VW, or even BMW having a such thing as "vtec" or some variable timming in their motors.

That's foamypirate's signature. This has been discussed in another thread many weeks ago.

If you're going to play know-it-all, at least get the information correct.

Comment

as said above, i would check the distributer and the plugs. when you pull a plug, check the gapping (the measurement tool is $0.88 at oreiley's) and the condition.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  That's foamypirate's signature. This has been discussed in another thread many weeks ago.

If you're going to play know-it-all, at least get the information correct.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i recently worked a 90 model with an auto had similar problem. no power in the 2-3k range. after that it ran fine. i put my o2 sensor in the car & it ran fine. installed his & it ran like it did before. insstall oem o2 sensor & car ran fine.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      you DO have NGK plugs and wires correct?? and unless u put them in urself your mechanic will usually put in whatever the hell he has. so actually pull them out and look dont just say "ya thats what i got in there" just from here say
                      i still say its a timing problem, could even be your distributor is not on mark.
                      EGR is a possibility

okay well i am some what of a backyard mechanic. i did the whole rebuild myself. my best friend who works for a racing team near by came and took a look at it. timing is all dead on.. he advanced it some to make up for lost power, i have bosch platnium plugs in and schucks wires.. thats it for now cause i'm broke after the rebuild. it just started to serge again. pissing me off cause i cleaned my idle control senser just how it tells u to on here.. and no vac leaks i've checked all of them. so i'll need to get a new idac and 02? then clean my egr??

Comment

shift at higher rpm's...peak power is not until 5600rpm peak torque not until 4400 (or so) rpm (generalized rpm's but close)

but check the other stuff too

when I shift AT 2000...UGH...terrible...good for mpg though, I usually shift at 3000 but if you want to get up and go, gotta hold out till 4000 or later.
                        ____

Comment

if i shift like a granny i'm fine. but its when i race 2nd boggs then picks up. i shift about 5.6k and double clutch..

Comment

Originally posted by jdmguy91 View Post
                            if i shift like a granny i'm fine. but its when i race 2nd boggs then picks up. i shift about 5.6k and double clutch..
                            you don't know what you are talking about...why would you do something in your modern car while acceleration that was necessary for old cars when decelerating?

Stop getting advice from fast and furious movies.
                            ____

Comment

okay meaning if i'm just driving normal its okay but when i want to accelerate or race first gear acceleration is fine i shift at 5,6k then to second gear it boggs noticably. same in third. i do know what i'm talking about its that i'm not wording it right thank u very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X