Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Big Brake upgrade ?ROH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Brake upgrade ?ROH?

Ok please excuse my lack of knowledge but what does ROH stand for? I found the ROH conversion thread (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...prelude+brakes) but was unable to post due to my newbieness. From what I've read I can use my stock 92 caliper brackets if I'm not mistaken and if I'm wrong please correct me. I have a check list below with what I have so far.

- 97 Type R calipers (check)
    - 282 mm rotors (check)
    - Caliper brackets *(pending if my stock 92 accord ones will do)
    - New CB wheel bearings (not yet)
    - New 98 CL 2.3 hubs (not yet)

Am I on my way? TIA - Gil
    * one more thing, do I need bigger wheels? I have 15" prelude blades on currently. If thats the case I'm scrapping the conversion.

rotor over hub, so you can take the brake rotor off without removing you wheel bearing and axle when removing rotors like in stock form. definately a good investment if you work in that area frequently

http://tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=1777&p=1
    Last edited by spanky348; 12-10-2009, 08:59 PM.

Comment

dude thanks man, awsome link.

Comment

So I picked up all the parts I needed, I think please chime in if I missed something.

1) Baer x-drilled and slotted 282mm rotors
        2) JDM 97 prelude type R calipers
        3) Factory 1998 acura CL 2.3 wheel hubs
        4) 90+ Accord Timken wheel bearings
        5) 23T caliper bracket (pending)
        6) Brake pads (pending)
        8) Steel braided brake lines (pending)

Comment

Do you mean Prelude Type S?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Do you mean Prelude Type S?
            Yes, if thats what they're called in japan, my bad. I took them off a front clip prelude with a red top. I think $70 was a fair price, what do you think?

Comment

u shouldnt need bigger rims. the 4th gen prelude VTEC came oem with 11" rotors and 17cl15vn calipers with the saw blades.
              tas auto wants too much for their conversion bearings. u can buy them from the acura dealer for about the same price if not cheaper.
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Don't be "pending" on those SS brake lines either .. make them a must ..
                After-all .. you're going through with a nice up-grade .. don't cheap out on one of the most important items ..

I'm in the process of doing the same up-grade myself ..
                Mind if I tag along in this thread and take notes?

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I know, I don't want to cheat myself on a nice brake upgrade. Brake lines are a must. I'll take detailed pictures of the install and post them up.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                    Don't be "pending" on those SS brake lines either .. make them a must ..
                    After-all .. you're going through with a nice up-grade .. don't cheap out on one of the most important items ..

I'm in the process of doing the same up-grade myself ..
                    Mind if I tag along in this thread and take notes?

Tomi
                    stock brake lines were sufficient for the stock donor car that this "upgrade" came from and the cb7's brake lines are also sufficient.

The calipers, pads, and rotors are the more important items not the lines...only if they were leaking would they NEED to be replaced really. Save the lines for later, it isn't necessary to r&r them.
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                      stock brake lines were sufficient for the stock donor car that this "upgrade" came from and the cb7's brake lines are also sufficient.

The calipers, pads, and rotors are the more important items not the lines...only if they were leaking would they NEED to be replaced really. Save the lines for later, it isn't necessary to r&r them.
                      Oh ok .. I've just heard otherwise .. and these, having been on my car for what ..
                      almost 20 years now? Not that they're leaking or anything .. which is a good thing ..
                      but, I was told that it would be a good idea. Spending what it takes to do the upgrade,
                      what's a little more for SS brake lines? Oh well .. I appreciate the looking out though ..

Thanks! And that's what I like about CB7T .. we're all here looking out for each other.
                      So much to know .. so much to learn! Little money, and little time to do either!

Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by m9hundo View Post
                        I know, I don't want to cheat myself on a nice brake upgrade. Brake lines are a must. I'll take detailed pictures of the install and post them up.
                        Cool ! Pics are always cool ..

Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post

100% NOT TRUE

jammer, you know damn well not to fuck with vehicle safety. dont ever tell anyone to overlook vital brake system parts again...

if the rubber jacket is cracked at all then get new lines. just because theyre not leaking doesnt mean that the line hasnt deteriorated internally.

i was doing a safety inspection on a CB9 a number of years back, everything looked ok except the lines, they were cracked and old but still functional, that is until i had to brake hard to avoid a collision on the road test.
                          i was almost stopped with my foot hard on the pedal, when all of a sudden my foot slammed against the floor and i kept rolling, two pumps on the brake, nothing.

limped it back to the shop with the hand brake and discovered that one of those old, cracked lines exploded under heavy braking pressure.

im just glad it happened when i was in the car on surface streets instead of on the freeway with the customer and her kids in the car.....

get new lines. your life depends on them....
                          Last edited by H22Artman; 12-12-2009, 01:14 PM.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                            how are the stock lines unsafe if they are in good condition?

Please read my post before attempting to thrash me...I said IF THEY are not leaking. If they do not leak or bulging or show ANY other signs then there is no need to put on ss lines with the swap.

IF your lines are damaged then yes replace them...you don't need ss lines though...won't hurt of course. IF you have the cash then yeah go ahead...but not everyone has the cash to spend on a FULL upgrade...so I said, replace what NEEDS to be replaced. IF the lines are in good shape they do not NEED replacing...do the swap...save up...the replace the lines when you can afford it. Or just wait and do it all at once.

For instance...my brake lines are perfectly fine, there would be no need to replace them in my situation...but if I looked and saw they were cracked or otherwise damaged then I would replace them. But they aren't so I don't need to.

That is what I said...very different than what you THINK I said.
                            Last edited by bcjammerx; 12-12-2009, 10:05 PM.
                            ____

Comment

only if they were leaking would they NEED to be replaced really. Save the lines for later, it isn't necessary to r&r them.

this isnt what i think you said.
                              these are your words exactly.

no attempt to thrash. just stating that you were giving bad info and i gave my story as a reason why.
                              factory lines are more than adequate. SS is better. but dont tell somebody that unless their lines are leaking that their hoses are okay.

IF IF IF. NEED NEED NEED.

IF all that stuff is what you meant then why didnt you type it in the first place??

we're supposed to be able to read your mind????

pretty sure i dont need to school the HID god about making assumptions......
                              Last edited by H22Artman; 12-12-2009, 11:14 PM.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Working...
                              X