Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my suspen. squeaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my suspen. squeaks

when i ever i hit a bump my suspension squeaks and i cant figure out what it is.

It would help greatly if you told us what you have or haven't replaced.

Comment

sounds like u need new struts
      Bought From
      Tommi
      RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

It could be struts, bushings, ball joints... Basically ANYTHING in the suspension.

Posting a question like this is only a hair better than saying "my car is broken, does anyone know what's wrong with it?"

Comment

lol i know your right. he needs to specify what he has replaced or done
          Bought From
          Tommi
          RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

or maybe his shocks could be dead as knit -_- not cool
            '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

i bought the car a couple months ago so im not sure what the guy replaced but i know there tokico blue struts and coils(dont know what they are probly ebays)the squeak sounds like its coming from the drivers side front wheel i thought maybe ball joints but wasnt sure if they'ed squeak if there bad.

Comment

i would suggest buying a can of silicone spray and start spraying individual bushings and moving parts one at a time starting from the bottom and working your way up, spray then drive repeatedly until the noise isnt audible then you will have found your source

Comment

Ball joints shouldn't squeak... but it would be wise to inspect them anyway. A torn ball joint boot can result in failure of the joint, which would lead to a crash.

Inspect all bolts, and make sure everything is tight. If the suspension was modified, don't assume that the previous owner knew what he was doing... so few people actually do things right, it seems!

Spraying the bushings with silicone spray is a good idea. Be sure the bushings are in good condition, If they aren't, replace them.

Comment

I have a polyurethane camber kit and it squeaks. Even if you don't have a camber kit, the stock rubber bushings on the upper control arms could be worn out. Also, the rubbing that occurs between the spring and isolators(? rubber pieces) can create some noice, as well as the shock itself if its worn.

I would grease up your upper and lower control arm bushings and then see if it still squeaks. If it does, then you may have a problem with your shocks.
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the help guys im gonna try the silicone sray

Comment

My front drivers side was squeaking crazy, like if a cat was living in there and didn't like the bumps it even cried when i turned the wheel. anywho, i got the ball joints replaced. Voila, the cat is gone!

Comment

Working...
                        X