Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Balance Shaft Belt Removal Question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance Shaft Belt Removal Question!!

Whats the easyest way to remove the balance shaft belt?? I want to do it but dont want to have to remove the crank pulley....Do I have to remove the bottom cover completely or can I pull it out of the way enough to just cut the belt???

Thanks!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
    Whats the easyest way to remove the balance shaft belt?? I want to do it but dont want to have to remove the crank pulley....Do I have to remove the bottom cover completely or can I pull it out of the way enough to just cut the belt???

Thanks!!
    You must remove the crank pulley to remove the bottom cover.

Comment

Can I just remove the bolts from the cover then bent it out of the way then cut it w/o removing the crank pulley???

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
        Can I just remove the bolts from the cover then bent it out of the way then cut it w/o removing the crank pulley???
        Why don't you just try it and quit wasting time typing?

Just make sure that timing belt adjuster nut is snug before doing anything. You'll need a 14mm combo wrench.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
          Why don't you just try it and quit wasting time typing?

Just make sure that timing belt adjuster nut is snug before doing anything. You'll need a 14mm combo wrench.
          haha...im at work I work 70 hrs a week and only get to work on my baby on the weekends.....I don't drive it as a DD so shes at the house right now!!

Plus I cant take my fucking wheels off yet...I lost the fucking Tuner Lug Key!!

I was just wondering if there was a quick and easy way to do it...thats all!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUUyjJqk5A

This is a video from EricTheCarGuy on how to remove tuner lugs without a key. There Ya Go!
            Now you can go take off the balance shaft belt! GET ON IT!

Comment

lazy. your already choosing the easy way out by removing/cutting the belt w/o the shaft, how much easier do you want it to be?

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Working...
              X