Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noticeable putzing at low rpm's..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noticeable putzing at low rpm's..?

There is a noticeable putzing feeling/sound when I get out of first gear and into the low rpm's of second. Once I reach about 2.25 the car gets its power back and starts speeding up normally and the putzing goes away.

Putzing probably isn't the greatest terminology but it makes a "p..p..p..p..p" sound. Gawd I sound like an idiot, lmao.

Any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it? It's really annoying. Thanks!
    IF, implies a possibility.

Putz means penis in Yiddish.

What RPM does your car start doing this? It may just be that you're not within your powerband. 2-3k is right around where you want to be for driving. Below 2k, it will be sluggish (and it's not good for the engine... "lugging" is the oldschool term for this...)

Do you have a check engine light on? Have you replaced any components recently (ignition, fuel, o2 sensor?)

Comment

For the sake of saving gas I generally shift just before or at 2k, so I guess I'm JUST missing that ideal powerband. It sounds petty now that I think about it, haha. The only major recent mod that I've made was the head gasket, and that was professionally installed; even then there may be an inconsistency, but I doubt it.

Lmao, "my car is penising around the low rpm's of second" <--

Comment

You shift at or below 2k? That would explain it. Drive around between 2k and 3k. You'll be burning no more gas, and you won't be wearing out your engine. It's not a V6 or V8! (When I had my GTP, I was shocked to see the cruising RPM below 2k... it just seemed... wrong)

Comment

Thanks for the advice; I really appreciate it

That's funny though, haha

Comment

Working...
          X