Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokico makes good quality stuff, I had it on my first cb7.

1992 Lx Sedan, b18 obd1 swap (swaping trans)
    1993 Ex Sedan, f23 sohc vtech swap (totaled by an excursion )
    1991 Ex Coupe (New Daily Driver)
    1984 300zx Turbo (drift car)

Comment

Originally posted by willsocal83 View Post
      skunk2 coilovers are excellent.. i had them on a CRX and i rode great
      ok so wat about tein springs on skunk2 coilovers??? ... i think that would be a nice setup but thats my opinion of course

Comment

Originally posted by accordwolf View Post
        Tokico makes good quality stuff, I had it on my first cb7.
        Clearly you've never owned a Koni damper lol.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNiCaNoCB7 View Post
          ok so wat about tein springs on skunk2 coilovers??? ... i think that would be a nice setup but thats my opinion of course
          Yeah the skunk2 wit tein would be a nice ride.. Why dont you just run full Skunk2..

Comment

form and function FTW !! nothing else left to be said
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
              The springs are probably fine to keep. What's important is the damper you use. What are the spring rates on them? If you don't know them, you should find out and post back and we can help you with a damper.

The main reason people complain about ebay parts being crappy is because they buy ebay coilover sleeves and since they were cheap and bought those, they probably bought a cheap damper as well....a damper that isn't adequate enough(ebay coilover sleeves are usually pretty high rates). Then, when their GR2s or stock shocks don't dampen the springs properly and their car is bouncing, they out of ignorance, blame it on the ebay springs.
              i can't find the rates anywhere. i am deciding between the koni yellows or koni STR.Ts. would these springs be alright with this setup (w/ camber kit of course) or should i sell and find me some better springs?
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                i can't find the rates anywhere. i am deciding between the koni yellows or koni STR.Ts. would these springs be alright with this setup (w/ camber kit of course) or should i sell and find me some better springs?
                knowing the spring rates is crucial to matching them with a proper damper. Try calling them directly.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  If you want to go cheap, KYB GR2 is the cheapest you should consider.
                  hey i have neuspeed springs and i was planning on getting Tokico or KYB GR2 shocks, you jus stated that tokico arent so good but how will these two brands ride with neuspeed springs? im not building a racer or even have a manual tranny for that matter, i just want something a little low and firm as stock

i already ordered some for my brothers 93 integra but its gonna be another week or two...but id like to know before i get myself a set (already have the springs just need the shocks)
                  Last edited by JaberCB7; 12-13-2009, 11:59 AM.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                  When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                    hey i have neuspeed springs and i was planning on getting Tokico or KYB GR2 shocks, you jus stated that tokico arent so good but how will these two brands ride with neuspeed springs? im not building a racer or even have a manual tranny for that matter, i just want something a little low and firm as stock

i already ordered some for my brothers 93 integra but its gonna be another week or two...but id like to know before i get myself a set (already have the springs just need the shocks)
                    They are both stock replacement shocks. GR2s have a better reputation for lasting longer.

If you actually want something that's going to be properly matched to your springs, you're going to have to spend a bit more money. The stock replacements are the bare minimum for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      They are both stock replacement shocks. GR2s have a better reputation for lasting longer.

If you actually want something that's going to be properly matched to your springs, you're going to have to spend a bit more money. The stock replacements are the bare minimum for safety.
                      what do you recommend? im not cheap but money doesnt grow on trees, something around $250-$300

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                        what do you recommend? im not cheap but money doesnt grow on trees, something around $250-$300
                        Koni STR.Ts.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i bought dropzone shocks and they work great with some cheap coilovers. i think i spent 300 on the setup

Comment

what web site u guys go to besides ebay? because ive never seen anything on ebay besides tein,skunk2,kyb and tokico

Comment

Working...
                            X