Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension

ok i need help in picking a good ride height and wat type of suspension i should get .. im low on budget but still want a good part .. well wat i was think of getting was tokico blue coilovers on some tein springs but wat do u guys think and thanks for ure suggestions

this is my car as it sits now.. some old some new but ride height still the same lol

i just like how it looks lol

how about some function forms they run like $600.and they give a good ride.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
      how about some function forms they run like $600.and they give a good ride.
      they dont look bad might consider it but idk

Comment

Tokico blues aren't great. They're basically stock replacement, and have a reputation for blowing quickly. If you want to go cheap, KYB GR2 is the cheapest you should consider. As for springs, Tein, H&R, Neuspeed, RS*R... any quality name. Don't get Dropzone, or any no-name ebay garbage.

If you want a GOOD setup, pick up some H&R springs and Koni Yellows. Not cheap, but well worth it. Your car won't just look better. It'll handle considerably better as well. Not to mention... konis have a lifetime warranty. Blow it, send it back, get a new one. I've never blown one, though... and I got mine used.

Comment

Can't go wrong w/Konis... they will make any spring feel great

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

how low are you looking to be?
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

well i just went to speedzone its a local place that sells jdm parts and i can get skunk2 coilovers and the springs for 460 cuz the guy cut me a deal and im thinking of doing a 2inch drop on my car

Comment

Skunk2 isn't all that great. And they're not JDM. Not that it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNiCaNoCB7 View Post
                  well i just went to speedzone its a local place that sells jdm parts and i can get skunk2 coilovers and the springs for 460 cuz the guy cut me a deal and im thinking of doing a 2inch drop on my car
                  Skunk2 shocks suck dick

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i kno there not jdm but most shit there is.. but how bad do skunk 2 suck??? ... there must be a reason idk ive always heard good things about them
                    Last edited by DoMiNiCaNoCB7; 12-06-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

i kno there not jdm but most shit there is.. but how bad do skunk 2 suck??? ... there must be a reason idk ive always heard good things about them
                      I had them on my car. They are too soft for lowering springs.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        I had them on my car. They are too soft for lowering springs.
                        word so wat u got on ure car now

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Tokico blues aren't great. They're basically stock replacement, and have a reputation for blowing quickly.
                          I can confirm this. I have my car lowered 1.25" F/1.5" R, and after only a year, my front left Tokic blue is blown and leaking oil.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

word so wat u got on ure car now
                            Tokico Illuminas

They are OK. Better than Skunk2s and all KYBs, but not as good as Konis. I would get Konis.

Comment

Illuminas cost nearly as much as Konis. Do they have a lifetime warranty?

For cheap stock-replacement shocks, KYB GR2s are widely accepted as the best. They hold up better than any stock replacement for a drop. They are not a great idea, and certainly not properly matched to lowering springs... but they're a hell of a lot safer than original old shocks.

KYB AGX are a popular choice because they're adjustable. Some love them... I hated them. They went from "not stiff enough" to "not soft enough". I also blew one on a pothole, costing me an additional $150 for a replacement (driving with a blown shock was pretty scary on the highway... just one... I can't imagine all 4!)

Koni Yellows are the shit. Hands down. Amazing shocks. Full soft is comfortable, even on H&R Race springs. Full hard is... scary. For the track only. My car felt like a go kart.

Bilstein makes non-adjustable shocks for our cars. They're also fantastic, by their reputation. You can have them custom valved, but you need to know what you're doing for that. They're also pricey, and most likely worth every penny.

Konis are my vote. Konis and quality springs. H&R and Neuspeed are my favoites, based on experience. The Neuspeed "Cup Kit" is what, $700-ish now? It comes with Neuspeed Race springs and Koni Yellows with an additional height adjustment perch (the standard Konis have 4 perches, the Neuspeeds have 5... you can change the height a bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X