Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb7 idle prob? & Vtec question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 idle prob? & Vtec question

okay well i got my cb7 idling real funny it has a 96 accord swap the previous owner i think did it so idk whats wrong with it

and my vtec question is if my vtec is not working how much HP am i loosing
    because once again previous owner had the 96 vtec motor swaped and vtec doesnot work so just wondering if any one can help

Is the Idle just very low or going up and down?

I'm not sure about the Vtec not working...MAYBE it could be because it's not running with the right ECU . But don't qoute me on that.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

it actually idles up and down byhapps do you know the engine code for the 96 motor cause i forgot is it the f22?

Comment

i was also thinking that, about the ecu, so is there anything i can do if it is the ecu

Comment

Read the sticky threads posted above this one for information regarding the idle issue. There are also far more detailed threads made by HondaFan81 elsewhere.

As for VTEC, there could be a number of reasons why it's not working. The ECU needed would be an OBD1 P0A from a 94-95 EX. If your motor is a 96, then it was OBD2, and the previous owner would have had to convert it to OBD1 (or do some other halfass way of trying to convert the car to OBD2... which could be a mess...)

You probably aren't losing much power. The VTEC system in the F22B1 isn't performance oriented in any way. It's really just for fuel economy, and used as a gimmick to sell cars. It's very different from the VTEC systems in the DOHC performance oriented engines like the H22.

Figure out what ECU you have. Check to see if your Check Engine light is on... if so, VTEC usually won't engage, and the car will potentially be in "limp mode"

Comment

well we just disconnected the iac and idleing problem stopped so soon im gunna replace it soon and the vtec think ima try to find the ecu prob later since the car is running perfect now

Comment

I'd check the ECU ASAP... if it's the wrong ECU, you could be doing damage. Not likely... but not worth the risk. The ECU is extremely easy to access.

Comment

Originally posted by Low And Slow View Post
                well we just disconnected the iac and idleing problem stopped so soon im gunna replace it soon and the vtec think ima try to find the ecu prob later since the car is running perfect now
                instead of throwing parts at it, try cleaning it and see if it helps any. your idle could be too high and unplugging the iacv might have just lowered it.

as for hp...you'd lose maybe 10-15hp. you'll just have an A1 f22.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                X