Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

trans+ turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans+ turbo question

ok guys ive been lurking for a while and googling my ass off and even searching here via the search button. im no noob by any means to either honda or going from na to boost, but i do have some questions i cant seem to find answers to.

1- how much power can the actual transmission on an f series take? f22a1 or b2.

2 who sells a decent and affordable rod and piston for the f22? mine in particular is an f22a1. i also have an f22b2 here and a b1 head.

3 this is not going to be in an accord. just clarifying.

Originally posted by punkbomb138 View Post
    ok guys ive been lurking for a while and googling my ass off and even searching here via the search button. im no noob by any means to either honda or going from na to boost, but i do have some questions i cant seem to find answers to.

2 who sells a decent and affordable rod and piston for the f22? mine in particular is an f22a1. i also have an f22b2 here and a b1 head.

is the tranny auto or 5 speed?

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

well, for what I have heard:

1) more than 500hp can blow up your tranny. (on manuel trans, I heard im not to sure, I'am probably wrong)

2) You can use the stock rods and pistons for low psi only, if you want higher psi, I recommend building the motor, from crankshaft to camshafts, and the f22b1 and b2 (single cams) head flow like crap, the f22a1 is already a good start.

3) What car is it going to?

Comment

i forgot to say its a manual trans. i wasnt sure which head and what not i was going to use but now i shall use the a1. and it is going into a 94 civic dx hatch. i have a built a6 in it im going to sell and wanna drop this one in with low boost at first and then build the b2 bottom for higher pressures. my current motor is overbuilt for 500 plus.

Comment

what if anything can u do to these trannies to make them take more power? and also are there any real statistical numbers for how much it will take not just a guess?

Comment

ok guys i have new questions. where can i find bigger valves and the extensive high hp upgrades for the engine. i mena rods pistons all that stuf i found a few places but its expensive. anyone know cheaper places? i ben to bisi and if i use him he will get 3k of my money. any other places that are cheaper?

Comment

You'd have to make considerable power for the tranny to give out. If you're auto, Level10 is the place to go. Manual, Gear-Speed.

In a Civic, I'd go with an F2B conversion, and run a B series transmission. They are generally stronger than the F/H transmissions.

As for valves and other internals... do you really want to put in all that effort just to install cheap parts? Cheap parts are cheap for a reason... and when one internal part fails, the entire engine fails.

Comment

The F22 and H22 transmissions are good for well over 700hp at the wheels. HIGHLY suggest replacing the diff with an lsd because the OEM one will indeed grenade before anything else will. The second thing to go is shearing off all of second gear... from the mainshaft. But it also will depend on the driver as well. on the street a high HP h/f tranny will never break because youll never get enough traction to shock it hard enough to break. but at the track with some real slicks and an inexperienced driver that doesnt have the right clutch feel or a tilton flow control valve... the launch can grenade any transmission.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by punkbomb138 View Post

The answer to question 2 is the Arias/Bisimoto piston. They come in two choices: 8.2:1 and 10.5:1 cr. For turbo and all motor applications. This piston is a very cost effective piston for the F22ax.
                  Bisimoto Engineering
                  1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                  2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                  3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Working...
                  X