Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No clutch...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No clutch...?

Ok so i am in the home stretch of getting my JY f22a installed and ive got one last hiccup.. The clutch was bled last night and working fine... so i got the trans filled up this morning( whats the best way to tell its full?(5-speed)).. And now the clutch pedal falls to the floor and has to be pulled up by hand.... tried to bleed it again and no pressure at slave cylinder..

sorry anout the long winded post but im so close to done lol...

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

You have a leak or air in the lines. Are your master and slave cylinders new?

As for filling the transmission, add 2 quarts (actually, I believe it's slightly less... but 2 quarts works).

Comment

For filling a 5 speed, there is a drain plug on the left side of the passenger side axle. remove that plug and fill it through there until it reaches the bottom of the hole or starts to run out. Then drive the car for a little while and recheck.

Edit: how did you fill it beforehand?
      Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

just for the info its 1.8 quarts.but 2 is fine.

my new turbo build

Comment

I filled it through the little fitting in the top with the cap on it...

also no none of the slave/masters are new.. but they worked last night so i think i have a slow leak somewhere in the system.. Is there a washer that goes under the clutch hose bolt on the tranny

Comment

is there a washer that goes under the clutch hose bolt on the tranny

Comment

theres gotta be air in the lines unless that slave cylinder aint new...i had the pedal drop on melast winter when i had my fo dour..

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_ex_coupe View Post
                there's gotta be air in the lines unless that slave cylinder aint new...i had the pedal drop on me last winter when i had my four dour..

yeah but the master cylinder is worrying me.. because when i pump up the pedal and crack the bleeder valve it doesn't have any pressure behind it..

so im thinking i have an issue between the master and slave

Comment

Check the floor around your pedals. When the master cylinder leaks, it usually gets inside the car.

If the cylinders aren't new... I'd just replace them. It's far more likely that you have a leaky cylinder than damage to one of your lines... unless you smashed, pinched, pulled, or otherwise damaged a line in the process of putting in the new motor (and that is, of course, entirely possible.

Put some cardboard under the car. If your master cylinder isn't leaking, then something else probably is. Oil spots will at least give you an idea of where the leak is...

Comment

look around and check for leaks...look under the dash by where the pedal is if you feel it wet...i had found a way to get it to work and my slave cylinder lost pressure while i was driving...not the smartets thing i ever did..just buy em n do em if you dont see a lines leaking....
                    Last edited by cb7_ex_coupe; 11-30-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I'm still leaning towards the cylinders, since it worked since the swap. If you had a damaged line, it probably wouldn't have held pressure at all.

Comment

yeah... im outta money now i was hoping there was something i was missing... but at the tranny there doesnt seem to be much pressure in the line... so i think the masters probably bad... =(

It worked saturday night and sunday morning all the pressure was gone and the fluid resavoir was almost empty...

i checked inside the car around the cylinder and no wetness.. but under the cars a mess atm. so ill have to throw some cardboard down and start looking at those cylinders..

how hard is it to change the master?

Comment

The hardest part is bleeding it, honestly. And you have plenty of experience doing that by now!

Connecting it to the pedal can be a bitch, and there are some tight spots to get your hands in... but it's really not all that difficult. The same goes for the slave.

Your best bet would be to save up and replace both at the same time. Then you'll have one less thing to worry about, as they'll probably last you for the rest of the time you own the car. Autoparts store stuff should work fine.... you're looking at about $80 total, if memory serves correctly.

Comment

Yeah I know but im so close lol...

I've been itching to get this thing running and the darn car fights me at every turn it doesnt want to be resuracted lol...

so ill check the lines and then i guess ill have to wait two weeks for payday to get the cylinders..

and yeah i know they probably need to be replaced but i was hopeing i just overlooked something lol

thanks

Comment

The only possibilities other than the cylinders would be more costly and more difficult... so HOPE it's the cylinders!

Comment

Working...
                              X