Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam

ok i wanna do a seafoam treatment on my car but im not got put any in my engine oil just in the tank and through the pcv valve hose into the intake mani my question is do i still have to change the oil cuz i just got an oil change

What?

I can't figure out what you're saying... I think you're asking if you should change your oil after a seafoam. Yes, you should. Many people suggest doing it twice. If you don't want to do that, then don't use seafoam.

Comment

Just wait until you have to change your oil again, that way you aren't wasting fresh oil.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

awww hehe! he talks like a baby!

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
          awww hehe! he talks like a baby!
          Since you posted, do you care to help with the problem? Or was flaming in the Beginner Forums your only intention?

Comment

I seafoamed my CB, but only put some into the intake manifold (brake booster) and some into the gas tank, since then I haven't done an oil change (1 month ago), but I highly recommend it. later

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Since you posted, do you care to help with the problem? Or was flaming in the Beginner Forums your only intention?
              well tee hee since you asked...

Seafoam works...just follow the EXACT instructions on the can...though I don't remember if it mentioned to change the oil on the can. Either way CHANGE is a must if you pour it into the crankcase...I...um left mine in sitting for weeks without realizing that's what I needed to do. So the end result of THAT was my F22a1 funkin up! Bogging horribly into every gear I shifted into.
              Lesson learned right? lol Nope...I still haven't changed the oil at that time and then poof! I had engine overheating issue.........yea..not fun. Anyway GL Kispirit!

*Oh yea and if you put too much into the gas tank....it COULD eventually give your O2 sensor a beating. Follow instructions...if you do, you're safe...like sex and a condom!

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I just did an oil change and i want to do a seafoam treatment on my car. but i dont wanna put any seafoam in the crankcase. just in the tank and in the intake manifold through the pcv hose. if i do that do i still have to change the oil. ..........................is that better understanded for those who cant understand quick writing a.k.a(baby talk)

Comment

I'm not exactly sure, but I don't think that the O2 sensor will be the point of failure from too much fuel additives. The rubber parts in the fuel system are usually the point of concern, as most additives contain heavy doses of alcohols which play hell on rubber, i.e. fuel injector o-rings. It would still take a lot of alcohol to cause damage though. Most vehicle manufacturers allow up to 10% without worry.

And, you should be fine for as far as oil changes go by only treating the intake and fuel system.
                  Last edited by nblanton; 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X