Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not starting

ok i bought a 93 honda accord lx. in the images thread. anyways. i dont know why it want start. it spins but it doesnt fire. it acts like the distributor? not sure though. gotta get in there and check it.

any other possibilities that i might need to check? i know you basic stuff to check. already done that. everything is fine from wires, to starter, battery, and all. just not sure why its not firing.

photoshop master!

It could be several things. First two things you need to check are spark and fuel. After that it could be the main relay, distributor cap and rotor.

Comment

so it turns over and cranks but it will not fire up?
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

it turns over but doesnt crank. we thought it might be the rotor in the distributor.

like i said we gotta get in and check it. umm for now ill check the spark plugs and the fuel lines/pump/ect. it was running fine and one day it just cut off, the motor has broke a timing belt before and bent the valves but the motor was completely rebuilt. so its like brand new.

thanks for the info. ill check that stuff out either 2morrow or saturday. cant really get to the shop right now.

photoshop master!

Comment

yeah i say just check the basics. theres a good thread on page one i think about no starts. very informative u should take a read.

Comment

make sure the engine is getting fuel....check to see if the fuel pump connector isn't loose...it has happen to me before

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

We get 2-3 "no start" threads a day anymore... does anyone bother reading any of the other threads? The same answers are given every time...

Comment

Working...
              X