Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cluster swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cluster swap

im working on a 92 accord and im getting really to do a cluster swap from a 98-01 accord and i was wanting to know if anyone can tell me where i can get i wiring diagrams for both clusters.

bump for help please

Comment

There's a sticky for Helms service manuals at the top of this forum, I'd start there.

Comment

Find a friend at a shop... they have access to ShopKey and other similar programs. I have a BB6 cluster swap in the works, and I got diagrams from one of the guys on here that was kind enough to send them to me! I'm making my own conversion harnesses out of an old CB cluster and plugs... so I don't have to hack my stock wiring.

Be sure you get the diagrams for the exact year of your CB, and I would venture to guess the exact year of the 6th gen as well. There are minor wiring differences among years, at least when it comes to the CBs.

Comment

im looking to do the bb6 cluster in my car too could whoever has the wiring info for that please post a link or something. trying to do the research. also how hard is the wiring?

Comment

If you have to ask "how hard is it?"... it's too hard for you.

Locate the wiring diagrams, figure out where the wires go. Put the wires in the right places. Done.

Comment

Someone did it. They didnt reccomend it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=cluster+swap

Comment

owequitit did it. He likes it.

Comment

thanks guys im going to try a shop but not sure if i will get any help there though and i seen the other swap on here and i tried to email him but no answer, if anyone has the diagrams please pm me, i will keep you guys posted on whats going on and i will make a step by step instuctions on how to do this swap just as soon as i get the diagrams and get started.

Comment

the bb6 has been done and looks sick but i'd like to see a S2K one done! that would be pretty insane.. i seen one in an EF civic in the Jan2010 issue of SS mag. its soo clean lookin

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

i have seen a s2k one done and i think they look good im just not a digital man i like analog i just have been beatin my brains tring to find the wiring.

Comment

they should be online man.. get the shopkey pass and print out the wiring diagrams. or try mitchell, or all data. Besides that i would say just try to get a honda factory service manul. i have one for a 91 and its got absolutely anything you need to kno about the car. wiring diagrams give me a headache or i would jsut try the cluster swap too

8 Accords so far:
                        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

BUMP....... can anyone help me with this

Comment

Originally posted by accordcb792 View Post
                            im working on a 92 accord and im getting really to do a cluster swap from a 98-01 accord and i was wanting to know if anyone can tell me where i can get i wiring diagrams for both clusters.
                            I did answer you, if it was me you were referring to. The problem is that you asked about a 98-02 Accord cluster and I did a 97-01 PRELUDE cluster. They are not the same cluster, and as such, the wiring is different.

It really is a simple matter of comparing both wiring diagrams and putting the 2 puzzles together by mixing and matching the wires on both clusters. Ultimately, if you have to have someone GIVE you the wiring diagrams because you can't figure it out, then this project is beyond your ability, and you are going to end up with a hacked up car because of it.

The wiring diagrams make it easier, but if you can handle this project, then they are a convenience and not a necessity. With the way you are pushing to have them fed to you, I am assuming that in your case they are a necessity, and thus you should probably not be attempting something of this scope.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              I did answer you, if it was me you were referring to. The problem is that you asked about a 98-02 Accord cluster and I did a 97-01 PRELUDE cluster. They are not the same cluster, and as such, the wiring is different.

It really is a simple matter of comparing both wiring diagrams and putting the 2 puzzles together by mixing and matching the wires on both clusters. Ultimately, if you have to have someone GIVE you the wiring diagrams because you can't figure it out, then this project is beyond your ability, and you are going to end up with a hacked up car because of it.

The wiring diagrams make it easier, but if you can handle this project, then they are a convenience and not a necessity. With the way you are pushing to have them fed to you, I am assuming that in your case they are a necessity, and thus you should probably not be attempting something of this scope.
                              agreed x2 ^^

93 cb7 ex coupe
                              Granada Black Metallic

Comment

Working...
                              X