Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Factory Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't use speaker wire. at the very least use 18 gauge automotive wire from autozone. i used an old power cable from a computer to splice into the O2 sensor as it has a thicker plastic shielding to protect the wires from heat. good luck

Comment

speaker wire is a no. this guys idea seems better. /\/\/\
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by 93.4dr.22A1 View Post
        The HP gains from the paint arnt enough for the work, it aint gonna last long either so, im gonna leave it.

But would like to know about the gasket thing, See that stock Honda exhaust gaskets are like little round tin pieces. On the header to DP,DP to cat, cat to IM pipe. I have some high temp gasket material, its not mettalic, but should I use it?

And I have to lengthen my O2 sensor to relocate it to the new spot behind the motor. I noticed the wire strands are not like speaker wire, but can I safely use speaker wire or is there a better type?

HP gains from the paint? your not serious right?

93 cb7 ex coupe
        Granada Black Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Turbocutlass View Post
          HP gains from the paint? your not serious right?
          Sorry man, no Im not serious, all the kids in this area with their ricers go for looks over functionality, was just a joke.

Comment

i would header wrap it to keep the heat down, it does help a good deal. yes i would recommend to used that gasket maker, to seal everything good,
            Last edited by jmolina; 11-28-2009, 03:37 AM.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

yea exhaust is pretty much done, had a little bit of work to do for repairs on the whole system. Really wish i could just afford a lil 2.25 pipe, but not right now. So i've replaced the demolished resonator with a straight pipe, few other spots had to be fixed.
              But the header is on and so far all the way back to the tailpipe its all sealed up. I'll get some wrap as soon as I can afford it, probley around the time I get my new exhaust.

Comment

well got everything done, and its great. I can actually hear myself think while driving.
                But was kinda curious on how much of a shift in the power range I will notice. I havent taken it out for a freeway cruise or anything, I just made it into 3rd, but it seems like i've actually lost power.
                With the header I should lose some low end torque right? but gain in the top end?

Comment

Working...
                X